Asus P5W DH Deluxe Owners 2 x PCI-E x 8?

Puterguru

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I read in a Maximum PC Review that this MOBO only runs at 2 X PCI-E X 8 (and NOT X 16) While in Crossfire mode ?

Is this correct? I can't find anything about it on the ASUS site. If so is there a motherboard with C2D support AND Full 2 X 16 while in Crossfire mode support?

Even the [H] review mentions nothing of it. :(

Need to get a MOBO for my C2D build soon.

Thanks in advance.

Puterguru said:
Hey guys, I read in a Maximum PC Review that this MOBO only runs at 2 X PCI-E X 8 (and NOT X 16) While in Crossfire mode ?

Is this correct? I can't find anything about it on the ASUS site. If so is there a motherboard with C2D support AND Full 2 X 16 while in Crossfire mode support?

Even the [H] review mentions nothing of it. :(

Need to get a MOBO for my C2D build soon.

Thanks in advance.

This is true. The two slots run in x8 X x8 mode when using a Crossfire video configuration. This doesn't make any difference I assure you. The performance isn't significantly different between x8 and x16 for dual graphics setups at this time.

The Intel Bad Axe runs three PCIe x16 slots at x8 mode as well. Which is an interesting side note.

As to your question, I do not believe there is a motherboard with two full speed PCIe x16 slots on the market currently.

I'm pretty sure the new Nvidia 590 SLI boards will have 2 x16 slots.

But no, no Crossfire boards that I'm aware of. And that RD600 is looking more and more like a dead duck.

If you put anything in the 2nd slot, the first runs at x8. I put my RAID card in the 2nd slot, but there's no difference in performance on my 7900gt.

Back