Asus P5Q-E Oc issue

Vercinaigh

Gawd
I posted this on another place but not sure if it's the right spot, but here we go.

Ok I could give my system specs but I'm not sure you really need them for this obscurity as I'm fairly certain it's the board itself

The problem I am having is when I set the A.I Tuner to manual so I can OC, even if I do not change ANY settings what so ever, it will not post. So we're talking, stock settings, just set manual mode for tweaking, no tweaks applied, will not post.

Also, it will not post underclocked, or overclocked, period, the moment i set it back to auto and it defaults everything, which not auto and defaults won't post at, it posts perfectly and is 100% Intel Burn Test stable.

I am using the latest BIOS as of like..a week ago and I tried before flashing, same thing, reflashed latest BIOS, same thing.

I'm very frustrated because i can tell my system is ready to rock and roll. I had a Gigabyte EX38-DS4 that Oc'd this exact system to 3.82 cool and stable, any ideas?

Last edited:
Try pulling parts. Unplug everything except the bare minimum, power, cpu, ram, video, and see if it works with just those, and then start adding stuff back and see if its a particular component causing the issues.

Dude, you need to try the custom BIOS from XSystems forums. I flashed it 2 nights ago on my P5Q-E and it kicks serious arse. Try that before sending it back.

any chance i could run Kingston 2gb ddr2 ECC 800mhz memory on this? don't care if it uses the ECC or not. only ram i have at the moment :)

i've got a Xeon X3220 i want to overclock and need 3xPCI-e 8/16x and 1xPCI-e 1x slots so this works for me. the 3rd party BIOS would be nice.

download the mBios from xs forums, ket makes them, they are so much better than the asus crap.

i haven't bought the board yet - hoping someone has used ECC ram in it before i buy it :)

This board kicks ass and is a solid performer. Something has happened in the ASUS BIOS's though. I had their earlier BIOS installed (like 4 rev's back from their latest). I had my E8600 at 4.4GHz no prob, low volts. I installed their latest BIOS for the heck of it and lost almost all ability to OC past stock speeds. Flashed the mBIOS from XS and BAM, back at 4.4GHz, low volts.

DO IT.

Back