Asus P5N7A-VM (no co-processor drivers)

I have this desktop PC that my brother gave me. It had windows XP so I wiped it and put windows 10. Works fine, but in device manager, there are no drivers for the co-processor. The CPU is an Intel Q6700 @2.66GHz. The mobo uses the NVIDIA Geforce 9300 chipset which also includes drivers for the onboard VGA. I think the co-processor driver is for the onboard VGA, but can't really find info on it. I have the on board VGA disabled as much as possible, but the co-processor still shows up in device manager so I have it disabled.

Do you think it will impact the performance of the mobo? I currently have 8 gigs of ram installed. It has a MSI Twin Frozr II/OC video card. Only drivers available are from Windows 10 dated in 2015. I'm planning on selling the desktop, but was wondering about the co-processor issue.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/p5n7avm/helpdesk_knowledge/

If everything is working as expected, then ignore the anomaly in Device Manager. It's most likely something irrelevant that you wouldn't use anyway. If you have any doubt, then run some simple benchmarks (Cinebench, etc) and compare against similar hardware.

There were no coprocessors on socket 775 as far as I am aware. Can you check the device details for device ID?

You might want to hit up the Nvidia website and grab the nforce/GeForce 9300 chipset drivers for windows 7, there was likely no windows 10 specific driver.

No windows 10 drivers, only for XP and 7. I ran HWMonitor with Prime95 and noticed that all of the CPU's were maxed out at 100%, and they registered the correct GHz speed. and never dropped until I terminated Prime95.

So my assumptions about the co-processor supporting the on board video is probably correct. Bummer I can't completely disable it.

No windows 10 drivers, only for XP and 7. I ran HWMonitor with Prime95 and noticed that all of the CPU's were maxed out at 100%, and they registered the correct GHz speed. and never dropped until I terminated Prime95.

So my assumptions about the co-processor supporting the on board video is probably correct. Bummer I can't completely disable it.
The windows 7 drivers almost always work in windows 10. At least in my experience.

I had no luck finding ANY drivers for this board. Granted, the board is 10 years old, but you would think that Asus would have archived them. If I can get a hold of a windows 7 driver, I'll try it.

pretty sure the last time i ran into this its part the nforce drivers.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning. I never knew that you could use windows 7 drivers on 10. I thought it has to be at least version 8.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning. I never knew that you could use windows 7 drivers on 10. I thought it has to be at least version 8.
There are some exceptions but drivers from Vista and newer are generally forwards compatible all the way to 10. Up till a few years ago I still had some ancient (like 2000/XP era) SCSI HBAs and SATA-1 RAID controllers in the mix that worked on Win 10 with 2006 Vista drivers tho some needed ini tweaks to work right.

Ironically most of the windows 8 drivers are actually just windows 7 drivers for the most part. I’m sure there are some exceptions.

Well the drivers did not work from windows 7. So I searched for the specific error in driver details: \VEN_10DE&DEV_0AA3&SUBSYS_83561043&REV_B1\3&267a616a&0&1D requires further installation
It lead me to the first google search which was for an HP laptop. I tried those instructions and drivers but they did not work, so I proceeded with the second search. This got me to this site eventually: https://www.win-raid.com/t15f37-NVIDIA-Optimized-nForce-Driverpacks-for-Win.html

Which then lead me to this site: https://www.win-raid.com/t1300f25-T...of-quot-mod-signed-quot-Drivers.html#msg15574 in order to import the certificate to have the drivers accepted.

I then downloaded the 1. "Latest nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10" from the first link above from section "B" Mod+signed nForce Driverpacks". I ran the installer which worked and installed a bunch of stuff under system devices. So "Fernando" did some really nice work and very clear instructions especially on the certificate issue. If he was here where I live, I would buy him a few beers.

So in the end, the missing driver was important after I saw all the stuff it installed. So with that, I'd like to thank everyone in this thread that lent a helping hand in getting this desktop working under windows 10. I hope this thread will help someone else if they are struggling with nForce drivers working under windows 10.

So in the end, the missing driver was important after I saw all the stuff it installed.

Did you actually identify what the missing driver was specifically for? Does something on your computer work now that didn't work before? Is there a performance difference compared to before? I'm just curious how you define important, or if this is just about anxiety after seeing an error in device manager. Because if the missing driver ended up being for something like the floppy drive controller, or perhaps the Serial and Parallel port headers on the motherboard (aka things you would never use anyway in a modern system) then I'm not sure it was really worth installing old modded drivers from a 3rd party source.

The missing driver was for the co-processor. I don't like seeing components in device manager with missing drivers as I'm in the process of selling this old desktop system that my brother gave me.

The missing driver was for the co-processor.

A "co-processor" for what?

its part of the nforce chipset.

What part?

Obviously not a critical part, if the system was already working fine. I'm just genuinely curious about what this actually fixed or improved, since I do quite a few system restores of computers of this era. I've done several nforce-era systems, updating them all the way to Windows 10, and in some cases there was a missing driver such as this but I've always ignored it (with seemingly no negative consequences) as long as all the vital components that the system actually uses already have working drivers, but maybe there was something I didn't consider?

A "co-processor" for what?

What part?

Obviously not a critical part, if the system was already working fine. I'm just genuinely curious about what this actually fixed or improved, since I do quite a few system restores of computers of this era. I've done several nforce-era systems, updating them all the way to Windows 10, and in some cases there was a missing driver such as this but I've always ignored it (with seemingly no negative consequences) as long as all the vital components that the system actually uses already have working drivers, but maybe there was something I didn't consider?
idk, hp/other oems only says "This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems."

When installing the driver, the "system devices" in device manager expanded and filled in some other drivers that I guess were missing. It happened so fast that I really don't know exactly what drivers were installed in this section of device manager. If I would have known before hand, I could have taken a screen shot with a before/after to compare. All I know is after installing this mod driver, the missing piece for the co-processor is gone.

Back