ASUS P5B w/ DDR2 800 no signal ---> help!

Ooddiittyy

n00b
When I power up, I get a no-signal message on the monitor!

Setup:

ASUS P5B Deluxe
Intel C2D E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800
EVGA 7600 GT-KO 256MB PCI-E
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II HDD
Viewsonic P220f Professional Series CRT 21"

I just built this sucker from the ground up, so I have no previous fall-back to do troubleshooting with. As soon as the monitor is connected to the system, it gives a no-signal. I've tried resetting the GPU, tried both connections on the GPU, switched the RAM from A1A2 to A1B1 and also to B1B2 with no avail. I'm gonna try re-seating the CPU here in a minute, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Anyone have any ideas?

All the fans on everything power up, but I'm not getting power (it seems) to the DVD-RW or to the mouse/keyboard. I get a single beep on startup (which on this mobo indicates either no master HDD or some other random stuff).

I'll take all the advice I can get!

no singal on the screen? try new video card? if it still dont work i have to say board is DOA

Make sure the power supply is hooked up correctly. If you have that little 4 prong plug on the motherboard make sure you have that plugged in. Ive seen countless rigs where that was an issue.

To answer the above post: yeah, I've got the 4-pin connected correctly. :(

Just tried a bench-build of the system; mobo and all the components completely out of the case (buddy of mine thought it might be a short from mobo case plate) and it still doesn't work. It's looking more and more like DOA for the mobo, but I would still love any additional insights anyone might have.

Take out the RAM, put in something that works at 1.8V and set the vDIMM to 2.0V. Take out the basic RAM and put in the Corsair. That stuff works at 2.0V, much like the Kingston HyperX PC2-6400. Bare in mind as well that the P5B Deluxe is a pig on RAM. Updating the BIOS does fix some compatibility issues. Try one stick at a time as well, don't go flying into dual channel right off the bat.

Try posting with only one stick of RAM. If that works, you can enter the timings and voltage in BIOS. Then save the settings, shutdown, stick in the other stick and hopefully you'll be good.

I'm not sure how compatible the CAS 5 modules are with the P5B because they are not on the QVL list - check your manual.

The CAS 4 are on the QVL. However, that board should work fine with the CAS 4 modules because they are programmed to 5-5-5-12 @ 1.8v in SPD. You have to manually enter the faster timings (4-4-4-12) and higher volts (2.0).

Cas5 corsair modules work fine, there is a pair on my girlfriends p5b right now running perfectly.

Edit: Since apparently I need to be specific for certain tools, thats the p5b deluxe that its running on.

P5B Deluxe, not the Vanilla P5B. Read the OP's paragraph. :rolleyes: There are more problems with the Deluxe version compared to the Vanilla. RAM compatibility is one of those things.

Back