Asus P5B Deluxe for sale! But GOD! Who would pay these prices?

This is no good. I have everything for my new rig accept a mobo and processor and only $550 left to spend for a e6600 and p5b vanilla...

I bet the P5W DH Deluxe is starting to look real good right about now huh!! :D

Is there any negative to going with the P5W DH Delux? Will it still support DDR2800?

dborden said:
Is there any negative to going with the P5W DH Delux? Will it still support DDR2800?

According to this, YES! Seriously, I don't see what it wouldn't support it.

I read a review somewhere that stated the P5B deluxe could go up to 400Mhz on FSB 1Mhz increments, something about overclocking. Im not an OC'ing God or anything, not even close. But I understand the basics...I think lol. Anyways...does the P5W supports the same?

It should PC Surgeon...the FSB on the 975X is the same as on the P965 Express.

dborden said:

The P5B has a better memory controller and the chipset was designed for conroe from the ground up.

Well hopefully the p5b vanilla will be released soon at a more reasonable price!!

Rare1 said:
The ones that are $359 are austrailia, hence the .au

359.00 AUD = 270.247 USD

Yep, you are right. But it's still out of the price range for many who want this board. What is everyone's guess that it will sell for in U.S.? I'm guessing atleast $240....

PC Surgeon said:
Yep, you are right. But it's still out of the price range for many who want this board. What is everyone's guess that it will sell for in U.S.? I'm guessing atleast $240....

I would pay a max of $220 at launch.

That's steep without (m)any reviews to prove it's worth the cash.
Right now I'm set on getting a value/stripped board in the next few weeks. That way if something wacky comes out in 7-8 months I wouldn't have wasted the $250.

nicepun said:
I bet the P5W DH Deluxe is starting to look real good right about now huh!! :D
The P5B Deluxe is cheaper than the P5W DH DeLuxe.
Remember that we in the UK generally have higher prices & higher (17.5%) sales tax which is still applicable on internet orders.

Thanks for the O.P.
This thread has opened my eyes, I was going to take the P5W-DH @ €250
What I will do now is take a cheaper board, the MSI 965 NEO is only €125 and use it till some fancy "league of gamers" board comes out (that funky ASUS one) and then move the MSI to my new (unbuilt) HTPC with a 2Ghz conroe.

Not a bad plan eh?

EDIT: Just adding that this Asrock board here here will probably be a good temporary conroe board. I only have DDR2 667 anyway right now, I will get 800 at Xmas time when I get the funky new conroe board with all the bells and whistles.

Anyone here tried that Asrock board?

P5B is a POS for the price. The gigabyte DS3 on xteremesystems just did 483 FSB. It costs only 143 USD. While this POS's bios can't even go above 400. Damn asus :(.

Rare1 said:
I dont think the ASrock supports conroe.

Yes it does. The only drwback that has been brought to my attention is the VIA chipset...support/driver updates/bug fixes IIRC are not a priority to them.

Yeah they are showing up on Froogle now. Thats a good sign! Hopefully it will show up on newegg soon!

How did everyone on Froogle manage to transpose the "o" and "e" on Conroe?

annaconda said:
That is why i want to stick with 805D Overclocked to 4GHZ :D

You already have a faster CPU...

Woah! The P5B's are showing up!!!!!!!!!!

I check 3 times today on Froogle and didn't see any!

Wonder when they'll have any in stock?

I'm still thinkin' about that 485FSB on the Gigabyte 965 mobo. Hmm.

PC Surgeon said:
Yes it does. The only drwback that has been brought to my attention is the VIA chipset...support/driver updates/bug fixes IIRC are not a priority to them.

This Asrock has the Intel i945p with ICH7R, no VIA chips in sight :)

A serious WTF here!? :eek: The P5WDH is better and cheaper than the P5B...did I miss something?? The P5B isn't worth half that with the FSB bug and lack of 7950GX2 support... :rolleyes:

when they sell out faster than they can stock them, expect the price to go up. If they stay in stock for more than a week they slowly trickle down in price. Im guessing if nobody buys a product for like a few months then it goes on clearance. BAH damn e-tailers and their fast market response. B&M stores take way longer cus they gotta have people clear out all the old tags and put in new ones. Imagine doing that on a daily basis. Now the egg prolly only needs one dude and 3 min to edit a single field.

strikeout said:
when they sell out faster than they can stock them, expect the price to go up. If they stay in stock for more than a week they slowly trickle down in price. Im guessing if nobody buys a product for like a few months then it goes on clearance. BAH damn e-tailers and their fast market response. B&M stores take way longer cus they gotta have people clear out all the old tags and put in new ones. Imagine doing that on a daily basis. Now the egg prolly only needs one dude and 3 min to edit a single field.

I think it's automatically price adjusted based on sales...so it doesn't even take 1 dude and 3 minutes ;).

I saw this earlier today and ordered it, it has shipped already and i have a tracking number.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-P5BDLX

Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA775 Core 2 Duo/ P965/ A&2GbE/ ATX/ WIFI Motherboard MB-P5BDLX $215.27 $215.27

Dear customer,

Your order has shipped out via UPS on 2006-07-14.

kvn5000 said:
I saw this earlier today and ordered it, it has shipped already and i have a tracking number.

Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA775 Core 2 Duo/ P965/ A&2GbE/ ATX/ WIFI Motherboard MB-P5BDLX $215.27 $215.27

Dear customer,

Very cool! I just wish the Vanilla P5B would start showing up.

kvn5000 said:

Dear customer,

Ewiz is my new favorite. Good prices and fast service. They typically ship out the same day. There have been times that I've ordered 3pm PST and they shipped out the same day. Since I live 25 miles from them, their ground service amounts to overnight del. to me :)

Back