Asus p4g8x Deluxe question

ehZn

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an Asus p4g8x Deluxe with a p4 2.8B (533 fsb if you recall). This mobo was originally designed to recognize up to p4 3.06B with BIOS rev 1003.

I am oc'ing to 3.06 right now with stock voltage and cooling (44C idle 52C load), but it won't post anything above that. I tried flashing my BIOS once before to 1006 but I had some problems and couldn't keep it, so I didn't get to test a higher oc.

Can this mobo recognize a clock speed of higher than 3.06? Has anyone done it? Or is it a voltage problem?

Right so any help is appreciated. I know this is an older, out of production mobo but somone else has to have one!

I smell an [H] n00b.....

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDIy

This P4 was run at 4.4Ghz by Steve and Kyle on your board......

IIRC Tom's hardware pushed a PIV to around 4Ghz on your board too (not that their articles are worthwhile or anything)..

When in doubt, apply moar voltage ;)

K, thanx for the answer, but call me a n00b again plz...

out of topic:

what video card are you using with this board(E7205)? i have an old mobo like this Aopen Ax4r-plus and it seems like it has a lockup problem with R9700pro or any 8x cards?

Are yours stable?

zapian_ said:
out of topic:

what video card are you using with this board(E7205)? i have an old mobo like this Aopen Ax4r-plus and it seems like it has a lockup problem with R9700pro or any 8x cards?

Are yours stable?

with 9700 i had lockups also , but with 1006 bios and catalyst 4.9 or higher it's rock stable .

anyway with older drivers i just had to turn off fast writes and it was stable.

it is not the 8x agp that cretes the problems but fastwrites , if you still have
lockups with new drivers just turn off fast-writes.

mentorxxx said:
with 9700 i had lockups also , but with 1006 bios and catalyst 4.9 or higher it's rock stable .

anyway with older drivers i just had to turn off fast writes and it was stable.

it is not the 8x agp that cretes the problems but fastwrites , if you still have
lockups with new drivers just turn off fast-writes.

Great, thanks! Last time i used this mobo was last year and was using catalyst 3.6 with fastwrite off (still had lockups). Maybe it wont be the same with 4.10 i'll check :D

zapian_ said:
Great, thanks! Last time i used this mobo was last year and was using catalyst 3.6 with fastwrite off (still had lockups). Maybe it wont be the same with 4.10 i'll check :D

1.update your motherboard bios to the latest version
2.use 4.9 drivers (or 4.10)
3.in case you still have lockups disable fastwrites
4.don't forget to reset motherboard bios to default settings as soon as you
flash it to latest version ,otherwise new bios features may not be activated.

Back