Asus P4C800-E or DFI 875B LAN Party?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I think I'm going to sell my Abit IC7-G and get one of these - which one and why?

Asus P4C800-E, u would have to do "droop mod" for stable vcore and vdimm mod to go over 2.85v. other than those 2 things, excellent stable board. I had one too bad i sold it. No comment on DFI Lanparty, don't have one but all those neon lights would hurt my eyes :D

whicever ones cheaper or whichever one has more features. I think the ASUS board has more features, but I'm not sure......

yourdeardaniel said:
Asus P4C800-E, u would have to do "droop mod" for stable vcore and vdimm mod to go over 2.85v. other than those 2 things, excellent stable board. I had one too bad i sold it. No comment on DFI Lanparty, don't have one but all those neon lights would hurt my eyes :D

why did you sell it?

The Asus P4C800-E Deluxe is the way to go when compared to DFI everytime. I wouldn't use DFI unless I had to.

My personal experiences have taught me this.

acascianelli said:
what dont you like about the ic7-g

well, I haven't decided to sell it yet, but I don't like the inaccurate temp readings and the vdimm is limited to 2.8v unless you mod, which I don't like to do

EnderW said:
well, I haven't decided to sell it yet, but I don't like the inaccurate temp readings and the vdimm is limited to 2.8v unless you mod, which I don't like to do

well the latest bios release was reported to fix the temperature reading problem, but it doesnt. but at least you know that they are trying to take care of it. i read it worked on the is7's so maybe version 25 or 26 will fix the temps.

henesseynalert said:
Try the Abit AI7, [email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected] these are the max voltages....

My P4C800-E just died recently and planning on getting that mobo as a replacement....It's a budget mobo but it's got potential when fitted with that right equipment.....

GL
Henessey

I need more SATA slots. I used to have an AI7 - nice board. What I'd really like is a AI7-G, but I don't think it's ever coming out.

EnderW said:
I need more SATA slots. I used to have an AI7 - nice board. What I'd really like is a AI7-G, but I don't think it's ever coming out.

The IC-7 Max 3 has 6 SATA slots :D

The Max3 vdimm doesn't even work 2.9v or above....sad affair with the vtt dropping out of the race. The OTES is a big joke, it has been shown to actually keep things warmer. The IC7-G is a good choice because it is much cheaper than the Max3 and basically the same. When choosing a board though, the P4C800-E Deluxe is the king of the 875P boards, hands down. And if you want more vdimm, just ground one pin and instant 3.15v for vdimm.

SPQQKY said:
The Max3 vdimm doesn't even work 2.9v or above....sad affair with the vtt dropping out of the race. The OTES is a big joke, it has been shown to actually keep things warmer. The IC7-G is a good choice because it is much cheaper than the Max3 and basically the same. When choosing a board though, the P4C800-E Deluxe is the king of the 875P boards, hands down. And if you want more vdimm, just ground one pin and instant 3.15v for vdimm.
how is the P4C800-E Deluxe better?

EnderW,

Check out the Epox 4PDA2+ (rev.2). It sounds like what you're looking for, and more.
http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?rev_id=172&page=1&action=reviews

It has vCore up to 1.85, and vDimm up to 3.3. Basically it's an overclocker's dream board, and you don't have to do a single mod to it.

Also has 4 SATA, EIDE and SATA Raid, Firewire ports, 1 Ghz Ethernet, 6 channel audio, and a whole lot more. It's an 865pe chipset, but Epox has something called AMM (aggresive memory management) built in that allows the board to match or exceed many 875 boards. And, it's at Newegg for around $108. Do a Google for more reviews and such.

EnderW said:
how is the P4C800-E Deluxe better?

Coz the mobo is very easy to modify....not a lot of hassle when compared to the Max3, with the droop mod inplace and an OCZ Booster...You can relatively push any components you want on the board and it's got all the extra onboard stuff with it, which makes it the best 875P Mobo in the market today.........

The only drawback to this mobo is it's Vcore flux on stock/unmodded and it's relatively high price...........

Nuff Said..........

Henessey

I gotta agree the Asus P4C800-E DLX board is easy to mod, mainly cause it's of how the board is laid out. Asus boards tends to have a good layout of where things are laid out compared to some of the Abit boards and other manufacturers out there.

MemoryInAGarden said:
I think it has GigE and SATA raid through the southbridge,

It does have GigE (Intel PRO/1000 CT, to be precise), SATA RAID (and native SATA as well) are all supported through the ICH5R southbridge (the direct ancestor of Intel's current ICH6RW southbridge used in Grantsdale/Alderwood) and the Intel Communications Streaming Architecture (a hub-based architecture designed as a *bridge* between PCI and PCI Express onboard implementations).

The advantages of the ICH5R over the ICH5 are as follows:

SATA support is native and not tied to the PCI bus (Windows XP, Linux with 2.6-series kernels do not need third-party driver support); increased bandwidth compared to PCI-bus or PATA implementation

Decreased cost, lowered latency compared to PCI-bus onboard or slot-based GigE; uses same driver architecture as corporate-grade Intel workstation and server gigabit Ethernet solutions

SATA RAID is native and configurable using included utilities (both BIOS and OS-based); array can be pre-configured prior to installation of operating system (Windows XP only).

PGHammer said:
It does have GigE (Intel PRO/1000 CT, to be precise), SATA RAID (and native SATA as well) are all supported through the ICH5R southbridge (the direct ancestor of Intel's current ICH6RW southbridge used in Grantsdale/Alderwood) and the Intel Communications Streaming Architecture (a hub-based architecture designed as a *bridge* between PCI and PCI Express onboard implementations).

The advantages of the ICH5R over the ICH5 are as follows:

SATA support is native and not tied to the PCI bus (Windows XP, Linux with 2.6-series kernels do not need third-party driver support); increased bandwidth compared to PCI-bus or PATA implementation

Decreased cost, lowered latency compared to PCI-bus onboard or slot-based GigE; uses same driver architecture as corporate-grade Intel workstation and server gigabit Ethernet solutions

SATA RAID is native and configurable using included utilities (both BIOS and OS-based); array can be pre-configured prior to installation of operating system (Windows XP only).
so all of the SATA slots are native?

on the IC7-G the ICH5R is native, but the extra 2 require a driver

EnderW said:
so all of the SATA slots are native?

on the IC7-G the ICH5R is native, but the extra 2 require a driver

On the P4C800-E Deluxe all four (two standard and two RAID) are native.

PGHammer said:
On the P4C800-E Deluxe all four (two standard and two RAID) are native.

hmm, what about the voltage instability I've heard about on ASUS boards?

EnderW said:
hmm, what about the voltage instability I've heard about on ASUS boards?

Haven't had that issue.

In fact, I've bumped the OC up to ten percent (vice five percent) and all is *still* stable.

By all, I mean

DOOM 3

The Steam Library (HL Platinum Pack, CS: CZ, and CS: Source beta)

Rise of Nations (both the original and the Thrones and Patriots expansion)

Perimeter (in fact, with the increased RAM, this is the first time that Perimeter has *ever* worked correctly).

No errors, no GPFs, no kidding.

Nothing that I ran without issues before has issues now.

Perimeter and Doom 3 (more so Perimeter) had RAM issues, now fixed.

It's somewhat embarrassing in Perimeter's case, in that the system requirements are a mere *256* MB of RAM (I had 512 MB before, and a gigabyte now).

Back