ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

I feel like it is a compatibility problem with firefox...anyone have thoughts on this. my browser closes and restarts constantly, the lock up also occurs with the browser...

Thoughts?

uninstall ff and runanother browser.. Or try using no browser and just play windows 7 for a while....

@jjustinnia11
Back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you thought about changing your hobby to golf?

Running anything wireless like a router?
First of all gotta have XMP set in bios
Running 0606?
The go to CPUID 1.57 or higher on SPD tab and make note of ALL mem settings and do them manually in bios
Next: 16GB of RAM needs more juice that 8 GB so up voltage a bit
Could try a single stick of crappy el cheapo 1333 1.5V RAM
Next: You may have SSD detection probs. Try your sys with it unplugged. This will force you to reinstall Win 7 somewhere else - which is another fixer upper
Then with hot plug set in bios, and not set in bios
Then APM with power on PCIe set
Then Power in cntrl panel advanced - set to hi performance and max everything out
The old standby - full cmos reset with bat out and PSU unplugged.
yadda yadda, same ol', same ol'

@jjustinnia11
Back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you thought about changing your hobby to golf?

Running anything wireless like a router?
First of all gotta have XMP set in bios
Running 0606?
The go to CPUID 1.57 or higher on SPD tab and make note of ALL mem settings and do them manually in bios
Next: 16GB of RAM needs more juice that 8 GB so up voltage a bit
Could try a single stick of crappy el cheapo 1333 1.5V RAM
Next: You may have SSD detection probs. Try your sys with it unplugged. This will force you to reinstall Win 7 somewhere else - which is another fixer upper
Then with hot plug set in bios, and not set in bios
Then APM with power on PCIe set
Then Power in cntrl panel advanced - set to hi performance and max everything out
The old standby - full cmos reset with bat out and PSU unplugged.
yadda yadda, same ol', same ol'

Cisco, what have I done to draw your ire? I like computers, I dont like golf...:)

I dont have XMP enabled, I have it as manual and blck /bus set at 100. If I did not do that BLCK went to 100.33

How much more juice would you recommend for the RAM, please. I have always been appreciative of the help!

BLCK at 100
RAM running at 1600.

I think you are on to something with the RAM voltage. It was set to 1.5 but the reading was jumping around in the BIOS from 1.506-1.509. I up'ed it one notch to 1.50625...thoughts? should I have gone up to 1.5130 (two notches). Oddly for the first time in window I saw a little green warning "look and feel "of AI suite2 and it said something about low voltage. never saw that before, it flashed quickly. I was in CPUID when it happened.

Also CPUID list tRAS (listed as 24) and tRC (listed as 40) but I dont see these in the BIOS. I saw tRAS#ACT complete which was set to 24.

In CPUID Memory tab it shows cycle time tRAS as 24 clocks. should this be set to 25 as the SPD tab has listed. Help please!

What about CPU voltage?

I think you are steering me in the correct direction.

Last edited:
Uninstall AI Suite - its more trouble than its worth, I dont care how sexy it is.
You ignored my advice to try setting hotswap on the drive and turning off hotswap, then unplugging it.

whatever SPD says, thats what you want
The XMP profile should set default voltage, but 16GB is special case
However,
If the ripjaws are 1.5V 1600 then 1.55 would be fine
If the ripjaws are 1.65 1600, then I would go to 1.66 or 1.67 anyways. Or you could set them to 1333 to one of the SPD profiles
If that DOESNT do it, could also try MEM O.K. button, but read manual before doing so, just to see what the artificial intelligence comes up with as workable RAM settings

As far as CPU voltage
Go to power in cntrl panel, hiperformance (not balanced) and in advanced set all settings to max

You could set CPU voltage to plus something under load, but you need to go to overclocking thread and check out the tut in first post
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110
Or, better yet, you could just flip up the TPU switch on mobo, shutdown, reboot to windows, shut down completely, reboot which should get you about 4.5 stable

After about 50 hrs of research on the forums, you should start to get it.

As far as ram settings, I cant go thru all your settings - you dont pay me enough.

& after i flash to 0606 bios we have another figure.

Funny tho, the temps remain 25-30 in windows but in bios its dropped another 10. So from 64 deg C to 24 deg C. Achieved thru upgrading my cooling and updating bios

That's because ASUS changed the temperature reading source to the package one (that's their justification on ASUS forums)... Anyway this is still wrong ... Any air cooling CPU temp can go bellow case temp.

Hello guys, i have an ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE with an Intel 2600k.
I update my bios from 501 to 603 and everything is ok except ALL my profile are gone (WTF!?) and the "Turbo mode" isn't working correctly:

Bios 501: idle + web surfing + low stuff = 3.4ghz - gaming + heavy stuff turbo => 3.8ghz | That's OK!!
Bios 603 and the last 706: ALWAYS 3.8 o_O!?

those are my setting atm:

http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios1.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios2.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios3.jpg
http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios4.jpg

With these my cpu is always at 3800

http://pakko.altervista.org/img/bios5.jpg

if i change the last 3 my cpu stay at 1600 and when needed go to 3800.

Since i don't like the speedstep, i would like if possible to have my old 3.4 to 3.8.. where i'm doing wrong >_<!?

Help =(

So... I just got all the components in for my new build including my shiny new P8Z68-V. Before I get started installing windows7 on this thing, I was wondering if there was anything I should set up, or change, or update, or whatnot. Kinda hoping that through all your trials and tribulations, I might be able to avoid some of the pitfalls. I will install onto a brand new 1TB drive (no SSD). I plan on adding in a second HDD after windows is installed as a secondary storage/cache drive.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Uninstall AI Suite - its more trouble than its worth, I dont care how sexy it is.
You ignored my advice to try setting hotswap on the drive and turning off hotswap, then unplugging it.

whatever SPD says, thats what you want
The XMP profile should set default voltage, but 16GB is special case
However,
If the ripjaws are 1.5V 1600 then 1.55 would be fine
If the ripjaws are 1.65 1600, then I would go to 1.66 or 1.67 anyways. Or you could set them to 1333 to one of the SPD profiles
If that DOESNT do it, could also try MEM O.K. button, but read manual before doing so, just to see what the artificial intelligence comes up with as workable RAM settings

As far as CPU voltage
Go to power in cntrl panel, hiperformance (not balanced) and in advanced set all settings to max

You could set CPU voltage to plus something under load, but you need to go to overclocking thread and check out the tut in first post
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110
Or, better yet, you could just flip up the TPU switch on mobo, shutdown, reboot to windows, shut down completely, reboot which should get you about 4.5 stable

After about 50 hrs of research on the forums, you should start to get it.

As far as ram settings, I cant go thru all your settings - you dont pay me enough.

ok, so I reinstalled windows 7 ult. running just IE, office 2010, all updates, and the RAM at the SPD timing and increased voltage. the RAM is 1.5V FYI. I have recieved 4 BSOD in a 24 hour period (computer was off most of the day). this was in the latest dump file
==================================================
Dump File : 082211-9360-01.dmp
Crash Time : 8/22/2011 10:03:08 PM
Bug Check String : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000031
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`10740e40
Parameter 3 : fffff880`0a7ab000
Parameter 4 : fffff8a0`0a145a72
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\082211-9360-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
==================================================

All were Memory management with Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe. Coincidence? The parameters were all different but same driver and adress etc. Any thoughts? Do I need new RAM or did I mess up the timing?

Anyone have some golf clubs I can start learning on?;)

===============
jjustinia11 said:
All were Memory management with Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe. Coincidence? The parameters were all different but same driver and adress etc. Any thoughts? Do I need new RAM or did I mess up the timing?

Anyone have some golf clubs I can start learning on?

What you could get for your used mobo wouldnt even pay for a decent 9 iron
However, you could take up bowling - everything can be rented at the lanes, and some places even serve mixed drinks.
You know, i am actually beginning to feel sorry for you.
Got that hot new state of the art system, spent all your luch money, and it just wont run.

Fwiw, NT O/S kernal is just a general grab bag , but the specific stuff is what counts.

>Dont remember if I mentioned that TWO 8 GB mem kits wont run, they have to come from a matched 16 GB kit

>Some genius at ASUS decided that RAM slots that only have one lock tab would save .005 cents. These RAM are an absolute bitch to get in properly all the way down. So I always put them in prior to mobo install

>Have you actually tried memtest booted from USB?
Memetest is the worst mem checker, but its at least a starting point
http://www.memtest.org/

>Have you looked in the Win 7 event viewer (ALL categories) to see what it says about your freezes?

>When you have a lot of freezes, you can corrupt the BIOS, or Windows itself. So the next job for you is the ol' reliable FULL CMOS rest
Shut down PC
Turn PSU rocker to off
Push in on button for count of ten
unplug PSU
Take out battery
Wait at least one hour
Reverse proceedure

>Next thing is the TPU switch on mobo, the artificial intelligence O/C setter. It auto sets a workable overclock on your mobo (after TWO complete shutdowns and reboots to Windows) When its on, the white LED comes on.

>Now RAM is practically being given away now, so heres micron chipped Supertalent ram you can purchase that I will gurantee will work in slots A2 B2
You need the URL, because SB is redoing its RAM pages due to price collapse.
245ylom.jpg

I luv buying from SB because with STalent I have my choice of 5 dif DRAMs vendor - Spektek, Hynix/Micron/Elpida/Samsung.
If you install two of these and turn on TPU and it freezes, I would say mobo prob

>Since God doesnt like you, in your case I would highly recommend using a ground strap when handling RAM AT ANY TIME!

>Edit: WTF bios you running??????????

Now I took time out of my day to type all this, so dont ignore any of it. You ignore me, I ignore you. Answer all!
The only reason I am posting is to influence the College of Cardinals on my sainthood nomination

Last edited:
===============

What you could get for your used mobo wouldnt even pay for a decent 9 iron
However, you could take up bowling - everything can be rented at the lanes, and some places even serve mixed drinks.
You know, i am actually beginning to feel sorry for you.
Got that hot new state of the art system, spent all your luch money, and it just wont run.

Fwiw, NT O/S kernal is just a general grab bag , but the specific stuff is what counts.

>Dont remember if I mentioned that TWO 8 GB mem kits wont run, they have to come from a matched 16 GB kit

>Some genius at ASUS decided that RAM slots that only have one lock tab would save .005 cents. These RAM are an absolute bitch to get in properly all the way down. So I always put them in prior to mobo install

>Have you actually tried memtest booted from USB?
Memetest is the worst mem checker, but its at least a starting point
http://www.memtest.org/

>Have you looked in the Win 7 event viewer (ALL categories) to see what it says about your freezes?

>When you have a lot of freezes, you can corrupt the BIOS, or Windows itself. So the next job for you is the ol' reliable FULL CMOS rest
Shut down PC
Turn PSU rocker to off
Push in on button for count of ten
unplug PSU
Take out battery
Wait at least one hour
Reverse proceedure

>Next thing is the TPU switch on mobo, the artificial intelligence O/C setter. It auto sets a workable overclock on your mobo (after TWO complete shutdowns and reboots to Windows) When its on, the white LED comes on.

>Now RAM is practically being given away now, so heres micron chipped Supertalent ram you can purchase that I will gurantee will work in slots A2 B2
You need the URL, because SB is redoing its RAM pages due to price collapse.
245ylom.jpg

I luv buying from SB because with STalent I have my choice of 5 dif DRAMs vendor
If you install two of these and turn on TPU and it freezes, I would say mobo prob

>Since God doesnt like you, in your case I would highly recommend using a ground strap when handling RAM AT ANY TIME!

>Edit: WTF bios you running??????????

Now I took time out of my day to type all this, so dont ignore any of it. You ignore me, I ignore you. Answer all!
The only reason I am posting is to influence the College of Cardinals on my sainthood nomination

Will look into all you mention and reply. Since you asked so nicely about Bios I am responding quickly with that I am on 0606, I thought I mentioned it in an earler post.

ok, so I reinstalled windows 7 ult. running just IE, office 2010, all updates, and the RAM at the SPD timing and increased voltage. the RAM is 1.5V FYI. I have recieved 4 BSOD in a 24 hour period (computer was off most of the day). this was in the latest dump file

The other CPU Voltages are at default ? VCCIO, CPU PLL, PCH ? With 4 modules and 16GB, you probably need to play with these as well. Can't recommend you any exact value yet, i have only 8GB which doesn't need tinkering with these voltages.

occasional boot to bios situation:

Sometimes when i switch on, i end up in bios. if i manage to see the boot process it will say overclocking failed press f1 to reconfig.

in bios everythings the same excepet for my ram is back to 1600 from 2133 but is still in xmp mode.

this happens like once every few days, any ideas??

Last edited:
This has been happening since I bought the board.

When my P8Z68 Deluxe does its occasional double boot, my old IBM PS2 keyboard doesn't work once the system boots into Win 7 (64-bit). I have to then completely reboot, and then it's fine. I just went from BIOS version 501 to 706, hoping for a fix, but the problem persists.

I recently bought a P8Z68 V-PRO motherboard and every time I attempt to make a change to the bios that isin't default then I basically get stuck in a boot loop. My computer will not post just keeps restarting itself until I unplug and clear the CMOS. I can't even change my TPU or EPU switches. Any suggestions would be great.. My current setup is in my sig.

I recently bought a P8Z68 V-PRO motherboard and every time I attempt to make a change to the bios that isin't default then I basically get stuck in a boot loop. My computer will not post just keeps restarting itself until I unplug and clear the CMOS. I can't even change my TPU or EPU switches. Any suggestions would be great.. My current setup is in my sig.

A new BIOS will solve this problem soon. New BIOS 0706 for P8Z68 DELUXE fixed this problem. Wait a little bit for your new BIOS!

In the meantime you can fix your problem by setting BCLK-value in BIOS-Setup to 100,0 MHz. ;)

A new BIOS will solve this problem soon. New BIOS 0706 for P8Z68 DELUXE fixed this problem. Wait a little bit for your new BIOS!

In the meantime you can fix your problem by setting BCLK-value in BIOS-Setup to 100,0 MHz. ;)

Any speculation on when that update might be out?

I think I might have a little chit chat with ASUS tonight when I get home from work. I have a few other questions to ask them. One of them being why did they discontinue the VW266H LCD monitor.. I want a 3rd one to match my other 2 :(.

Sometimes when i switch on, i end up in bios. if i manage to see the boot process it will say overclocking failed press f1 to reconfig.

in bios everythings the same excepet for my ram is back to 1600 from 2133 but is still in xmp mode.

anyone care to coment.. just a comment might do the trick:)

Last edited:
after reinstalling the operating system not work technology Intel Smart Response
CMOS RESET not help.
was previously System Manufacturer: Riplex ,and now:

what can I do?

my mobo p8z68-v pro
CPU i7-2600K
RAM Crucial Ballistix BL25664FN2139 (4x2GB)
latst bios 0606
RST 10.6.0.1002
MS Windows 7 Enterprise x64 sp1

ps. My keyboard Logitech G19 and mouse Gigabyte M8000X not work in DOS!!! when I fix this?! P8P67 Deluxe everything works!

Last edited:
Anyone with a Crucial SSD done their 0009 firmware update, could you please post what your READ 4k-64Thrd number looks like for AS-SSD?

Mine is 'missing' approx. +100MB/s from others and I've done OS reinstall, tried various other things including cmos clear and have ran out of ideas.. I'm curious if any other Z68 board owner has this?

This is what I've tried to 'fix' it:

- disable / enabled C states
- stock (3.4) / overclock (4.8)
- power plan (high performance / power saver)
- Safe mode
- Clearing cmos completely
- msachi / RST drivers
- reinstall of firmware (does not allow)
- indexing on / off
- already did OS reinstall earlier (clean with Secure Erase before)
- secure erase before that (backup / reimage)

I'am having issues with the "auto overclocking feature thats provided with the ASUS software. When i run it, the pc reboots (which is normal) but once windows comes back up and logged in it shows that a 0% increase was done.

i2500k
corsair h100
gtx560ti

my idle temps are 26 C so i really wanna get this thing to at least 4.0.

is there anything im doing wrong? the bios is updated to 0606

Also im using all default settings expect RAID is on and my TPU switch is switched on.

Hi,

do you know where to get an update for the Intel ME Firmware?
I can only find the Intel ME driver.

Anyone with a Crucial SSD done their 0009 firmware update, could you please post what your READ 4k-64Thrd number looks like for AS-SSD?

Mine is 'missing' approx. +100MB/s from others and I've done OS reinstall, tried various other things including cmos clear and have ran out of ideas.. I'm curious if any other Z68 board owner has this?

This is what I've tried to 'fix' it:

- disable / enabled C states
- stock (3.4) / overclock (4.8)
- power plan (high performance / power saver)
- Safe mode
- Clearing cmos completely
- msachi / RST drivers
- reinstall of firmware (does not allow)
- indexing on / off
- already did OS reinstall earlier (clean with Secure Erase before)
- secure erase before that (backup / reimage)

I attach you a screenshot;

mlplr8.png

It has improved after the update to 0009 but i still have some cold boot problems (Nothing loads, not even BIOS splash... maybe it's a mobo problem).

regards

Hi, was thinking of buying a P8Z68-V PRO from eBay. do Asus ask for the original purchase receipt when returning items that's still on warranty? just in case down the line something happens to the board and i don't have the receipt.

thanks

Hi, was thinking of buying a P8Z68-V PRO from eBay. do Asus ask for the original purchase receipt when returning items that's still on warranty? just in case down the line something happens to the board and i don't have the receipt.

thanks

No, they don't ask for receipt

Will look into all you mention and reply. Since you asked so nicely about Bios I am responding quickly with that I am on 0606, I thought I mentioned it in an earlier post.

So I tried many things but in the end I purchased a new set of RAM, a 16 gb kit (corsair vengeance 1.5 v), so it was all matched as per the advice given and it has been smooth sailing from there. I have the voltage bumped up, I match the SPD XMP profile and not one single hiccup. Even sleep works perfectly.

It is humming. So It is clear the RAM was the problem. I went step wise and did one thing at a time let it sit before doing another. When I swapped the RAM it all corrected.

thanks for the help!

anyone care to coment.. just a comment might do the trick:)

Just to add to the issue, i was also experiencing an inability to shutdown and sometimes restart. Sometimes the pc would just hang

ive found the problem, pretty simple....
set the internal PLL Overvoltage to enable. Now no more booting to bios, or failed shutdowns/restarts.. awesome

Last edited:
I currently have am having lots of trouble with the computer waking from sleep mode. It has not worked once and i either get a bluescreen or i get a black screen. I cant believe this feature ddoes not work as i just finished the systema nd this is the only issue i am
having. i have read about numerous fixes with the bios settings and have been
unsuccessful in solving the problem. I really need some help. I have bios 0606, is this the latest bios? I am also confused about RST as i am using 2 - 2TB SATA drives in raid0 mode and it appears that I RST is what controls this. I have read that this also may be the culprit to my wake issues. Can anyone help me, as I dont think an RMA will do much.
Thank you

Back