Asus motherboard warranty policy

MyNameIsAlex

Limp Gawd
Back in the day I bought a broken Asus motherboard for like $20 and they accepted the RMA WITHOUT original receipt invoice ANYTHING for a board that was YEARS old. I think I sold the replacement board for like 300 bucks.

Is Asus warranty still like this, or are they going to want receipts and shit? This was within the past 5 years but barely.

There is some guy selling a Broken x79 Rampage IV on craigslsit, this board to old for warranty?

Come on guys, I wanna quit my job and spend all day buying broken boards

I think their warranty is serial number based. X79 is probably outside their warranty window.

Still the same.

Warranty is base on serial number and starts the day it leaves the factory.

They might ask where you bought it from and when. Just use newegg or amazon as your source and a random date that fits.

Plug in the serial number here to check if the warranty is still intact.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/warranty-status-inquiry/

Nice. I don't have a serial but do you think a ASUS Rampage IV Black 79 would be in warranty?

Edit: according to google I can see reviews of that mobo from 2011. Warranty starts when board leaves factory? Expired probably 5 years ago huh

Last edited:
invoice may be required

Instant RMA will be provided for ASUS products that are In-Warranty and are manufactured in the North America region (United States and Canada only). If your product is outside the manufacturer warranty term, you may still complete the web form, but you must upload a copy of your proof of purchase for warranty validation and you will receive a Case#.

Nice. I don't have a serial but do you think a ASUS Rampage IV Black 79 would be in warranty?

Edit: according to google I can see reviews of that mobo from 2011. Warranty starts when board leaves factory? Expired probably 5 years ago huh

Yea. More than likely it will be expired.

Gigabyte and MSI follows the same pattern with their factory warranty as well.

invoice may be required

Instant RMA will be provided for ASUS products that are In-Warranty and are manufactured in the North America region (United States and Canada only). If your product is outside the manufacturer warranty term, you may still complete the web form, but you must upload a copy of your proof of purchase for warranty validation and you will receive a Case#.

Ive experinced this from other companies, an email you sent yourself from [email protected] with a chart with price + tax+ shipping and a date does the trick usually

Plenty of recent horror stories about Asus warranties around these parts. Buy any current Asus board with the assumption it doesn't have warranty and if they honor it, great. An 8 year old board? Not going to happen.

Back