Asus MITX AM3 in stock at newegg

it is also up on asus's site but there is no cpu supported list put exept for saying 95w max so only the unreleased HDT55TWFK6DGR 1055T :(

I Seriously just got butterflies in my stomach after reading that.. Now to sell my 6 core in favor of a 95w CPU

The only thing that could have me more excited is if newegg all of a sudden got the q11 in stock now

so has anyone ordered one yet? I am pretty psyched to see how it does..

it is also up on asus's site but there is no cpu supported list put exept for saying 95w max so only the unreleased HDT55TWFK6DGR 1055T :(

There will be soon new 1045T 6core on 2,7Ghz stock speed and 95W.

Last edited:
So, this will be the first widely available AMD ITX board with PCIe x16, eh? Nice! Well, except for only having three SATA ports.

That's awesome indeed. That may make me delay my change to this board a bit longer though so I am not downgrading to a quad.

downgrading? most Intel quads are still faster in most but the most heavily threaded applications. Even In threaded scenarios.

In games an Intel i5 660 is still faster or at least as fast as a Phenom 1055T.

I was very excited to see AMD back on the game with the Phenom IIs but reality is that Intel CPUs are still faster. AMD is getting better but it could be said they are now in Core 2 level. And I mean it. Of course Core 2 is still great, and AMD's offering is good too, I really like the performance/corecount value ratio a lot. Im eagerly waiting for the day I can safely say AMD wins again (like when I first got my Athlon FX 4800+)

Had I not already pulled the trigger on a matx board and case, I would have orderd as soon as i posted, but i have to wait a bit before i can afford a complete mitx makeover

downgrading? most Intel quads are still faster in most but the most heavily threaded applications. Even In threaded scenarios.

In games an Intel i5 660 is still faster or at least as fast as a Phenom 1055T.

I was very excited to see AMD back on the game with the Phenom IIs but reality is that Intel CPUs are still faster. AMD is getting better but it could be said they are now in Core 2 level. And I mean it. Of course Core 2 is still great, and AMD's offering is good too, I really like the performance/corecount value ratio a lot. Im eagerly waiting for the day I can safely say AMD wins again (like when I first got my Athlon FX 4800+)

Sure Intel is faster. You also pay more. And there is not an Intel itx board that matches the features of this one.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Thats why he says WIDELY available, sapphire is marketed for industrial market afaik, and J&W is not widely available in US

J&W looks the best tho

Thats why he says WIDELY available, sapphire is marketed for industrial market afaik, and J&W is not widely available in US

J&W looks the best tho

Chances are that we will not see either the Saph or the J&W available from any major us retailers.

Seems like an interesting board. Would seem like a good basis for a HTPC or such, with AMD CPUs being so much more affordable. Around here there's zero AMD ITX boards available currently. With a big name like ASUS making one, maybe it'll make its way here, too.

Well its done.. I just ordered this..

Definitely share your experiences. Since i couldn't wait for this board to come out, i went matx to hold me over. But planning on getting this one sometime in september anyways.

Also just ordered this board today. Dont know what case I want yet. Any suggestions? Maybe a q08, or sg07? Or wait for the q11?

Also just ordered this board today. Dont know what case I want yet. Any suggestions? Maybe a q08, or sg07? Or wait for the q11?

I am putting my shit in a antec 300 until the q11 comes out.. I will have to replace my video card before then as well.. or I will have to go q08 to hold it since my 5830 is longer then the q11 is..

I am putting my shit in a antec 300 until the q11 comes out.. I will have to replace my video card before then as well.. or I will have to go q08 to hold it since my 5830 is longer then the q11 is..
Nice! The more I keep looking at all the cases the more I keep liking both of them. Hard decisions man. But hey are we the only two that have bought this board?!

for the case let your video card make the decision.. if its longer then about 22cm then go with the q08.. if shorter then the q11 should be awesome..

Man looks like I cant get either Lian Li, there both too tall for the spot I wan them in. :(

yea if your going for a short system neither will work.. what hardware are you putting in it.. think you can do with a pc-q09?

No that one is too small cus Im going to try and get a gtx 460. The rest is a x4 620, 4gb, 30gb ssd, 500gb 3.5 hdd, and this mobo.

probably a sg05/06 then..

for me height isn't an issue, i just like the small footrpint.

the sg07 would be a waste considering the small video card your using. If it were longer then yeah definitly. But the 460 is short.

True, but I dont really love the space in the sg05/6, limited to what heatsinks you can put in there without modding. And if I ever wanted to get a longer card I can just plop it in the sg07.

EDIT.... usually I dont like the outside fans on the front but with this paint job it looks sweet! http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/jamesman32/001.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this bad boy last night, I'll wait for it to come down in price
being as it is THE only am3 mITX that I have seen for sale in the US I dont think the price is going to drop much any time soon unless some new competition pops up somewhere.

When does yours come in? Mines suppose to be here tomorrow. But sadly my ram wont come in till thursday or friday.

Back