Asus MG279Q, 27", 2560x1440, IPS, 144hz $400 @ Amazon

Great monitor here.

I had one until I got my Benq i'm currently using.

I'll say that image quality wasn't anything to write home about. Coming from a 27" 1440p Dell Ultrasharp, the Asus had a lot more antiglare coating(which is saying a lot considering what Dell does).

the 144hz was amazing. Couldn't beat it for the price for gaming. Only reason sold was to move to 4k / full AdobeRGB. Sold it to a coworker for $350 and he still enjoys it much.

Excellent monitor, great build quality. Had one until I moved to 4k, then ultrawide.

Great monitor here.

I had one until I got my Benq i'm currently using.

I'll say that image quality wasn't anything to write home about. Coming from a 27" 1440p Dell Ultrasharp, the Asus had a lot more antiglare coating(which is saying a lot considering what Dell does).

the 144hz was amazing. Couldn't beat it for the price for gaming. Only reason sold was to move to 4k / full AdobeRGB. Sold it to a coworker for $350 and he still enjoys it much.

How is IQ compared to XF271HU (IPS/g-sync/144hz Acer) ? I find the picture on that monitor to be outstanding.

How is IQ compared to XF271HU (IPS/g-sync/144hz Acer) ? I find the picture on that monitor to be outstanding.

No personal experience with that one. But from what I can tell, the panels are very similar. I would imagine there wouldn't be much difference.

If it's the same screen as the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27" I'd say awesome!

144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology (35Hz-90Hz) with Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay

So no VRR at 144Hz?

I just picked up 3x PG279QZ and I couldn't be happier....

I've got a new in box PG279Q that I got back from rma from asus and its painful to sell it off as the wife wants as it's such a nice picture compared to my AW 34" 1440 130hz ultra wide screen over been using the past year.

Very vivid picture picture with great black levels compared to the washed out like pic of the alienware.

I've got a new in box PG279Q that I got back from rma from asus and its painful to sell it off as the wife wants as it's such a nice picture compared to my AW 34" 1440 130hz ultra wide screen over been using the past year.

Very vivid picture picture with great black levels compared to the washed out like pic of the alienware.

I bought one and fell in love with the monitor. I ended up buying another one and retiring my X34 to my wife's desk since she like using just one monitor. Gsync works great and 165hz on an IPS panel is amazing. The colors are a tiny bit washed out but I have been using a 27" Ultrasharp that's spoiled me for colors.

144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology (35Hz-90Hz) with Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay

So no VRR at 144Hz?

I just picked up 3x PG279QZ and I couldn't be happier....
Good catch. That 90hz maximum freesync refresh is terrible :(

Actually selling this exact monitor myself, good monitor and much less than I paid. The freesync range can be increased with CRU.

Why limit the Freesync range at that price though, weird?
It was released in 2015. At the time, 90fps Freesync was pretty good. I believe the PG279Q is the same panel but with Gsync compatibility instead. The PG279Q has better refresh rates.

Back