Asus maximus x formula - bluetooth simply gone. completely.

klepp0906

Gawd
Oooookay. So about 12 hours into mucking with this. Frazzled considering A) the board was over 400 dollars and is less than a year old and B) its plumbed in behind a substantial amount of watercooling gear so an RMA isnt reasonable.

so i got some new 4k displays, and im busy putting everything back in its proper place. I notice in settings (win10) - my bluetooth on/off slider is completely gone.

in device manager, i can only see it if i enable "show hidden" so i removed it operating under the assumption a restart would rediscover. Wrong.

so then i tried the whole removal of the driver/reinstall of the driver ala installer package. No bueno, no bluetooth device.

tried scan for new hardware. nothing. tried add legacy device. nothing. tried optimzed defaults with bios. nothing. tried clearing cmos. nothing. tried unplugging pc from wall for about 20m. nothing. tried a fresh install of windows. still nothing.

im at a loss.

oddly enough, the wifi (which uses the same integrated adapter i believe) is still found and works fine.

the problem seems prevalent across several generation of boards, similar to razer mice double clicking like its going out of style, but i digress.

Most of the time, power cycling the board brings it back.

What are the chances its legit dead? If thats unlikely, what can i do to coax it back to life that i havent already done?

Buy an external adapter maybe?

Should be possible if you don't want to RMA the board if the internal one is fubar.

Back