Asus Maximus V gene ..turning off red backlight

notsure

Limp Gawd
To all owners, is there a way to turn that off for good ? I have a very light sleep and the computer is in my bedroom.Even with a turned off PC that dumb red light luminates
my room wich disturbes me a great deal tbh.

Looked up the the Bios/Handbook and got overwhelmed by all the techgreek.
I hope someone here can tell me [in babysteps] how to get rid of the redlight district
that has invaded my bedroom;)

thanks in advance

Think on all these z87 ROG boards theres a section in the BIOS for ROG effects, lighting will be one of them and you can completely turn it off, or you can set it to turn off at night. Iirc the ROG effects settings are located one page to the LEFT from normal default BIOS page.

@Bluesun311
My bad i forgot to mention that it is the Z77 version , plus i looked up the bios for such setting options..to no avail.

If you're talking about the red line along the bottom left of the board that outlines the separation of the audio components from the rest of the board, there is an option in the BIOS to turn that off. Go to the "Advanced" tab. It's the first menu item called "SupremeFX III lighting LED".

@Rylan
Thanks a ton m8
....i been on that advanced tab like 15-20 times, i am quite embarrassed that i could miss that :confused:

Back