Asus Maximus III Gene sleep issues... refuses to wake

I really can't seem to figure it out... I will need the [H] forum's guidance on this. My computer refuses to wake from sleep mode. After I manually power off the computer and went back into Windows I get a pop up saying "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880048C5817
BCP3: FFFFF88007546900
BCP4: 0000000000000000

However I'm overclocked and slightly undervolted... do you think undervolting is the culprit? I did reset the bios to the default settings and it does wake up from sleep mode. I've tried changing a bunch of settings in bios and the issue still occur. Am I missing something?

any pc shutdown like that will give you a warning because its hard on the harddrive you can loose information or corrupt files. but thats nothing to really worry about. and for your pc not waking up pry isnt anything to worry about if i were you id just go into pc properties and turn off sleep mode then you dont have to worry about it anymore. give that a try and let me know what happens.

i run maximus iii gene with a i5 760

oh yeah forgot to ask does it not wake up everytime? or just when is aleep for long periods of time?

any pc shutdown like that will give you a warning because its hard on the harddrive you can loose information or corrupt files. but thats nothing to really worry about. and for your pc not waking up pry isnt anything to worry about if i were you id just go into pc properties and turn off sleep mode then you dont have to worry about it anymore. give that a try and let me know what happens.

i run maximus iii gene with a i5 760

i have sleep disabled until i can find the fix.

oh yeah forgot to ask does it not wake up everytime? or just when is aleep for long periods of time?

it wakes up only when my monitor is off... but it wont wake up after a long period of time which is the sleep mode.

Last edited:
processor states pry the amount of usage while in sleep? and ive seen many pcs not wake up from sleep before, mostly when there left asleep for awhile. What do you have for a videocard sence the maximus iii gene doesnt have onboard video?

processor states pry the amount of usage while in sleep? and ive seen many pcs not wake up from sleep before, mostly when there left asleep for awhile. What do you have for a videocard sence the maximus iii gene doesnt have onboard video?

its in my sig, ati 5770... now that you mentioned the video card i found this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messagev...=122679&STARTPAGE=2&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

looks like the video card is the culprit

edit: holy smokes sleep issue fixed! heres the fix for anyone with the same issue. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178

Last edited:
i had a pc that wouldnt wake and the culprit was bad ram. might wanna check that too

Back