Asus Maximus II + Q6700 overclocking

prasvt

Gawd
So last night completed a new build - added a Coolermaster Cosmos S (awesome case, 3x120mm rad in ceiling) and upgraded my ip35 Pro board to an Asus Maximus II (pci slots died on the p35).

So I haven't gotten a chance to do any manual overclocking as I only finished last night, but I did use the Level Up feature and set it to crazy (3.51ghz) just for fun. So it's rock solid and the vcore is only at 1.368v!! Amazing. Plus I turned on the load line calibration (though I haven't done any load testing yet).

So my question is for those of you with experience w/ both p35 boards and p45 boards. I needed 1.52v (1.565 bios) for 360x10 (or 400x9).. underload w/ vdroop the vCore would drop to about 1.46V or so. that 1.368V for 3.51ghz wouldn't have been possible on the iP35 Pro board..so can I safely expect that I'll need less voltage to get to 3.6 now? ie. 1.47v in the BIOS should do it if there's no vdroop under load right?

I also got a Zalman 850watt psu and the voltages are pretty healthy/stable.

Anyway, any insights or thoughts would be appreciated. I'll prob post pics of this build in the WC thread. I actually did some cable management this time around - no random fan power wires strewn all over the case lol.

Back