Asus Maximus Hero VII has no RGB Header...

Fried One

n00b
Hi Guys,
I am using an Asus Maximus Hero VII which has no RGB header. I would like to add some Front and Rear case fans with either RGB or white ring LEDs. I would be able to use a controller to accomplish this right.
You guys who have experience with these can you give me some recommendations on fan choices. There is just so many out there. I have already purchased my radiator fans and went with Noctua NF-A12x25.
Thanks.

The white ring led's that only show white would be easy and just use the same power that goes to the fan. However you have no control over them, they are on when the fan is on and off when the fan is off.

If you want the RGB fans there are a lot of choices out there that come with their own controllers. Expensive one like the Corsairs. Thermaltake has some as well as coolermaster.

I like the Deepcool ones personally. https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-CF1...ild=1&keywords=deepcool&qid=1588839534&sr=8-7

Just keep in mind is these fans that come with their own controller are almost always a proprietary connection. So once your in an ecosystem pretty much any fans that get added have to be the same brand to connect.

RGB and A-RGB will be your first choice after that I would go with the fan that meets the specs you want. ie like no sleeve bearings, noise level.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The white ring led's that only show white would be easy and just use the same power that goes to the fan. However you have no control over them, they are on when the fan is on and off when the fan is off.

If you want the RGB fans there are a lot of choices out there that come with their own controllers. Expensive one like the Corsairs. Thermaltake has some as well as coolermaster.

I like the Deepcool ones personally. https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-CF1...ild=1&keywords=deepcool&qid=1588839534&sr=8-7

Just keep in mind is these fans that come with their own controller are almost always a proprietary connection. So once your in an ecosystem pretty much any fans that get added have to be the same brand to connect.

RGB and A-RGB will be your first choice after that I would go with the fan that meets the specs you want. ie like no sleeve bearings, noise level.

Scoobert,
Thanks for your response. I really like Corsair LL 140 RGB fans but there seem to be a lot of issues with their software to run these fans. Also lots of cables for connectivity as well. I do think they do have the most visually pleasing fans out there.
I am trying to figure out which route to go with. One question I have is that my pump is an EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB which comes with a D- RGB led ring. My MB does not have an RGB Header. So my question is do I need
the EK Loop Connect controller to run my pumps leds or will that plug work say on Corsairs Lighting Node Pro. Will I need a to purchase a separate controller for rgb fans. Do RGB , A-RGB and D-RGB all have their own connectivity standards or can my pumps D-RGB ring be plugged into Corsairs controller.
Maybe just sticking with EK with their Loop Connect controller...so many variables hence all the confusion.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back