ASUS Maximus Hero VI Z87 Bios resetting after power outage/unplugged?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
So I've noticed that my board does not like to keep it's saved settings which is pretty annoying. So I started searching and the logical thing would be a bunk battery however after doing some further digging it seems like a number of ASUS owners have this issue and it's not just with Z87 mobos. Is this something any of you have experienced? Did you find a fix or is this a semi common issue with ASUS. Maybe it's a small minority?

Who know's maybe it is just the battery, any way I can find out it's status without just replacing it?

Thanks

Why not just try a new battery? it's like 5 $ for half a dozen orso. Other then that check for a new bios which might help if it is not the battery.

So I've noticed that my board does not like to keep it's saved settings which is pretty annoying. So I started searching and the logical thing would be a bunk battery however after doing some further digging it seems like a number of ASUS owners have this issue and it's not just with Z87 mobos. Is this something any of you have experienced? Did you find a fix or is this a semi common issue with ASUS. Maybe it's a small minority?

Who know's maybe it is just the battery, any way I can find out it's status without just replacing it?

Thanks

Voltmeter, if it's not close to 3V it could easily be the cause. Can always try a bios re-flash too.

Back