ASUS Matrix OR Poseidon - CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON!

I would remove my old 6870 CF setup and try to actually play some of my game backlog in all its full graphical glory.

I would replace my aging video card and drag my PC kicking and screaming into the modern gaming era.

I haven't upgraded my system since 2008. If I got it, I will upgrade everything else!

I would upgrade the card in my current gaming rig. Then there would be some serious gaming going on.

I will be playing Candy Crush all day, every day with it...

really though...replacing my old 660ti SLI setup if I'm lucky enough to win.

Need something that will not freak out when I breath wrong. Old 6850 is dying a slow death. Wife does photoshop all day and I need a better card for that, not to mention when I'm gaming it would be nice to not have to set the settings to all medium to play on a single screen.

I will do 2 things, I will place the card (hopefully Poseidon) in a custom water block, bios mod it if necessary to unlock voltage, place it in my buddies dual processor SR-2 rig and OC it's guts out.

After getting several gold medals on hardwarebot, i'll replace the bios with the stock bios and replace my computer's 8800 gts.

wow suck an old card you say, yup.

here's what I got for the season.

sold my desktop for 2400, was going to go to hawaii and watch my bro's wedding. Complications and a eventual surgery prevented me from going. after a fight with the airlines i got back about half of what I invested. I recovered and just as I was saving up money to replace this spare part computer I got laid off on the 9th of December, just after my b-day.

So my parts money is once again gone and any help I can get to get me jump started would be sweet. One buddy is getting me a case, another a hard drive, a Video card would mean the world.

Thanks for the consideration, and may everyone have a happy x-mas with your loved ones, because sometimes family is all you got.

Let my wife have the 560 and turn up the graphic details on the newer games. :D

I would replace my HD6950 for playing Battlefield 4, Final Fantasy 14 and Mechwarrior Online.

i will fix it with the asus repair kit

asusrepairkit2hu.jpg

It will be sliding into the patiently waiting PCI-E 16X slot in my 2nd machine, which has the 20th Anniversary Pentium @ 4.5Ghz begging for something better then the Intel HD graphics..

It would go in the Wife's rig for Photoshop/gaming duty (or maybe the HTPC for some living room gaming....)

Back