ASUS Matrix OR Poseidon - CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON!

my GTX 580 needs retirement, so that beautiful Asus card would come in handy with a new 32" monitor!

It is not replacing anything in my system. The card would go to my nephew who is replacing my old 580's running in SLI. :)

I can tell you she won't be used as a paperweight.

She'll have the time of her life with me and my rig.

If Matrix, maxing out The Witcher 3.
If Poseidon, maxing out The Witcher 3.

i'd use it to find out what high graphic settings look like in games, then mount my awesome 8800GT's in a frame for surviving 7 years of of gaming.

Battlefield 4, Lightroom, and many other wonderful things I would use this card for.

Replace my GTX 770 and watercool the whole system with the money I spared buying a GPU. (saving up for ASUS GTX980)

This would make an awesome Christmas gift to replace my gtx 670. Right now bills > Gaming hardware and would love to have this. In return I would gift out the gtx 670 depending on bill of course.

Thank you Asus and [H] for this contest.

Would use this card for my son's first rig that I am building. Specs are pretty similar to my current rig but I could use a more powerful card for him as I already busted all my budget markers for him. The rig will last him about 3-4 years just like my 2600K is coming to about 3.5 years now). He turned 10 this year and is into PC gaming.

He plays Minecraft, Goat Simulator, COD (without violence/blood option :)), Lego Hobbit, Lego LOTR, NFS MW, and The Crew these days.

This card will complete his RIG :).

Specs are:

i5 4690K
ASUS Z97 Pro
8 GB G Skill Ares
250 GB Samsung 850 EVO
1 TB WD drive
Corsair PSU
ASUS VG278HE (handing him down my monitor to get a new one from ASUS; possibly ROG swift or may cheapen out to one of the Korean monitors)
... and some more peripherals from logitech mostly.

He will possibly jump up and down if he found out that he will get a more powerful card than myself :eek:

I will do some gaming and build a gaminc pc for my boys using my old video card! Winning this would make them very happy! Me too for that matter!

I have an emulator box i built for my family to play all of the "old" console games. It struggles with gamecube and ps1, and will not play anything newer. I'd love to replace the junk card I put in there with either or these.

Thanks for your consideration. :D

Killing some Templars in glorious detail and at fluid flamerates in DA:I ofcourse.

Replacing my SLI GTX 460 768MB card then playing GTA5 with a newer and better AMD card.
Then showing it off at LAN parties..

Updating my wife's PC so she can play SIMS and ST:O with out me hearing, (in a Tim Allen impersonating his wife voice) "Why is there so much lag?!"

Obviously, regardless of which card, I would be conning myself into believing it's for my own good to buy two more to replace the three watercooled 780s in the build I'm currently working on...

I will finally build a new PC, and put a Matrix in it. My current PC is over 6 years old (4 year old graphics, gtx 460!)

Pull my aging 7850 and replace it, after replacing the power supply to handle the new load.

It is time to replace that 780 I think.
I'd put the 780 in the GF's computer for sure.

I would replace my existing video card and actually utilize some of those games in my Steam library. :) Thanks!

Replacing my pair of STRIX GTX 970s so I don't have to deal with the SLI headaches anymore... And to whittle down my enormous game backlog by playing on the best single-card solution out there ;).

I would enjoy the HUGE graphics upgrade and gaming. Maybe give me the kick I need to upgrade my whole system!

Overclock it, and hope for 120FPS in more games, to take advantage of my 120mhz monitor.

Back