Asus "Marine Cool" Concept MB

Very cool looking. No pun intended.

It would be nice if you could 'plug' in a watercooling unit and it was liquid cooled with stock hardware.

this board looks like its gonna transform into frenzy or lazerbeak. lol

I like the board, but the So-Dimms are a killer. The least they could have done is put 4 slots. High capacity So-Dimms are a fortune.

The SO-DIMMs are an odd choice, and the article doesn't really explain how the board is particularly different from most others aside from the new backing material and the cooler which they can't provide information about. It looks cool, but it isn't really possible to form an opinion with such basic information.

I'd like more info on the built in UPS they mention(the grey section on the backside of the motherboard)

The SO-DIMMs are an odd choice, and the article doesn't really explain how the board is particularly different from most others aside from the new backing material and the cooler which they can't provide information about. It looks cool, but it isn't really possible to form an opinion with such basic information.
I agree completely

Doubt the SO-DIMM will work. For good OC don't you need OC oriented ram? I don't remember any of them in SO-DIMM.

SO-DIMMs are an interesting but I'm just wondering what kind of performance you'll see with those over standard DDR3.

As SO-DIMMs are generally found in laptops and small or embedded systems, they're rarely aimed at being OC-friendly, let alone rated at high speeds. They're also very expensive as pointed out. Putting slots for them on a mainboard like this is very... interesting. Unless someone is going to produce fast, high-capacity SO-DIMMs ($$!), you might as well stick to regular DIMMs...

Asus has always been a bit of an odd outfit, but this takes all.

I am pretty sure this board is just a design concept, so it is less about functionality and more about looks, like a concept car. However, we may see some of these design concepts such as the backplate appear in a real ASUS motherboard in the future.

Back