Asus M4A89GTD-USB3

centvalny

2[H]4U

screenshot002kk.jpg

Quick run...

screenshot001ci.jpg

This is good for locked Phenom II cpu:)

damn 400mhz bus speed is good just for being an AMD motherboard who cares about the overclock on the processor.. the only other chipset that was confirmed to surpass 300mhz bus speed was the MSI 770 boards..

Wow...nice. Realistically, how much difference does the 890/850 make over the 790/750?

Thanks Kirby:)

$115 CPU @ 6GHZ+ with this board

screenshot006fv.jpg

screenshot007v.jpg

screenshot010mu.jpg

screenshot005gk.jpg

Wow, the best I could do with my X2 545/AMD 785G series Asus board was 4ghz, but it was only stable on light loads. 3.82ghz was highest 100% stable option. Maybe I'll just get another X2 545/555 instead of a 1090T.

This isn't my board; it's centvalny's ;). But I'm using a Corsair H50 :).

This isn't my board; it's centvalny's ;). But I'm using a Corsair H50 :).

My bad :) Have you found the H50 working well for you? I put it in my wife's 4800+ X2 and I had to underclock that CPU to 2ghz to stay under 120'F underload.

My bad :) Have you found the H50 working well for you? I put it in my wife's 4800+ X2 and I had to underclock that CPU to 2ghz to stay under 120'F underload.

Mixed bag so far. It seems to work well and keep things cool, but I'm unlocking the cores so the temps aren't right so I can't tell for sure other than using bios monitoring software which says I'm running at around 45C under a load. I run at 3.4Ghz prime stable all day long, but I have a heck of a time getting the board to boot right the first time I turn it on in the morning. I haven't ruled out that the Corsair H50 is the cause of the problems with the first boot of the day (does the same thing at stock 3.1Ghz dual core speeds, so I doubt it's the unlock).

I guess we'll see since I'm trading out that board for an 890 board. If I have the same problems, I guess it was the cooler.

Do let reply back when you do, I've got a Dark Knight cooler right now on my X2 545 OC'd to 3.9ghz at 1.5V, never gets above 130'F, but I'm itching to try to get above 4ghz.

I have this board Asus M4A89GTD Pro-USB3 and i have the Tuniq tower on it cpu is the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition and i am only using onboard video right now and i keep getting the reboot for no reason just shuts down and reboots

Last edited:
I get that also with the M4A790XTD Evo board. Hmm..once it gets going it runs fine, but getting it into Windows the first time is a bitch. Only happens once a day too.

OK I am back I thought it might of been my power supply causing the issues but it doesnt seem to be it is driving me nuts this is what i am running if I cant figure it out soon I will swap motherboard at store I have 30 day straight exchange

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=029369&cid=MBD.486
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=027384&cid=CPU.907
Tuniq Tower
http://www.tuniq.com.tw/Cooler Info/Tower-120LFB.htm
OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV4GK) DDR3 PC 1600 4 Gigs
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=026271&cid=RAM.346.539
Antec 902 Case

I have this board Asus M4A89GTD Pro-USB3 and i have the Tuniq tower on it cpu is the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition and i am only using onboard video right now and i keep getting the reboot for no reason just shuts down and reboots
Clear cmos and try again

I have done that a couple of times and did the memory ok thing ran memory86 and memory came up fine no errors ran it for 5 1/2 hours

Just did it again and it set time and date back to 2000 getting to be a real pain in my butt

This doesn't sound good since this is the same issue I'm having now with the other board. I thought by changing boards I'd be fine.

Anything new fyshawk? How's it going with the new RAM modules? I once had a similar issue with the Gigabyte GA-790FX-DQ6, and only changing memory modules to either a big boy like Corsair, or something mundane like DDR2-800 worked. The middle echelons were all fucked. Using Patriot DDR2-1066 always resulted in random BSOD's and reboots. But running Memcheck on the Patriots turned them up as fine. The exact same thing with my backup kit of Geil Black Dragon DDR2-1066. But exchange the Patriots (sniffle, I liked the old red-white-&-blue they used) for a kit of Corsair Dominators at the same frequency put an end to every issue. Drove me batty getting that all sorted out, but afterwards there wasn't one single issue. A kudo to Corsair, but also a demerit to the major board vendors who really should validate more extensively with other major memory module vendors. It's not like they can't afford a kit or two, or more likely receive a slew of them just upon request gratis for validation purposes. We often look towards the PSU or drivers or temp issues, but sometimes the board just hates the RAM. Perhaps that's why [H] almost always uses Corsair in its reviews.

Last edited:
When I set my system upfor the first time it also default memory timings to 1333...no biggie going in to bios and setting it to 1600 though. X4 runs about 47c under full load with the h50 on it using the auto tune feature of the mobo set the processor at 3.68. System has been rock solid from first power on no bsod or anything

I'm running mine with 4x2GB of the Patriot 1600mhz stuff and it works fine (after RMAing one set). Unlocked the 550BE and run it at 3.6Ghz with 1.4V and the H50 also. Around 50C under load for an extended period of time (5 hours+).

mine brunt up after less then 3 weeks and was never stable since i got some times it would be 20h+ prime stable and others time it wouldn't post till i unplugged the psu then i would get it to boot saying over clocking failed when i wasn't even OC. have a replacement coming in in a few days so we will see if this one is any better

mine brunt up after less then 3 weeks and was never stable since i got some times it would be 20h+ prime stable and others time it wouldn't post till i unplugged the psu then i would get it to boot saying over clocking failed when i wasn't even OC. have a replacement coming in in a few days so we will see if this one is any better

I had that same issue and it was one of my sets of memory. Since I swapped out the memory, I haven't had one single issue with cold boots or OC failed. It would even sometimes pass memtest...but it was a memory issue for me.

hmm...sounds like this board is picky about the type of memory you put in it.

I only tried one kind, namely the Patriot 1600mhz memory off of Newegg...3 kits...1 was bad, 2 were good. They were on the QVL IIRC.

hmm...sounds like this board is picky about the type of memory you put in it.

This presumes your memory will fit in it in the first place. I moved from a M4A785TD-V to this M4A89GTD, only to find out Asus changed their ram channel layout. The 785 was a 1122 layout, this 890 unfortunately is 1212, so if I want to do dual channel, I've got to use one of the 2 slots closest to the CPU socket, both of which are blocked by my Hyper212+

just got my rma board back in and the pcb is not the same as the old one the first one came whit bois 204(where on asus site it listed 402 as the first release) i think and this one is 1104. and the back of the pcb where mien burnt up is changed on this new board where there was one big cooper wire thing theirs 4 little ones. so far its rock stable wheres the first one would just bsod out of no where.and it seams to like my ram a lot more i would have to fight my old one to get it to boot some times where this one booted up the first time.

I just did the bios update 1301 for the new CPU's. The Core unlocker was also a little different in bios as it allowed you to unlock up to 6 cores individually (obviously if they are there to enable in the future).

Back