Asus M4A79 Deluxe CPU Cooler

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
I just got this board and I want to get a new cooler for the CPU. I want to make sure I get a cooler that will not block the RAM slots as I have 4x2GB sticks. I have a large case so that will not be an issue. Using an AMD 9950. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

before i would have recommended something cheap, like an ac freezer or something like that, but now i'm starting to think you should just buy one good cooler with mounts that can get updated, like the true or the xigmatek s1283

before i would have recommended something cheap, like an ac freezer or something like that, but now i'm starting to think you should just buy one good cooler with mounts that can get updated, like the true or the xigmatek s1283

Yeah but will those coolers fit without blocking the ram slots?

I have a Scythe Infinity which isn't all that different from many of the other tower coolers. With this board, the Scythe hangs over the top of one of the memory slots. For normal height memory, this is not a problem.

Also, this cooler uses a latch that swivels parallel to the motherboard. This latch was too large and hit the heatsink on the chipset. I had to put on the heatsink on the chipset slightly to get it to tilt enough for me to latch the cpu's heatsink.

I don't have any better recommendations, but wanted to share.

I saw a review on newegg for my mobo and he was using a coolermaster V8 :confused: does that HSF fit without any problems?

Just to update this thread, I used a Coolermaster TX2 and it fits without an issue. It also cools great, with a pretty silent fan.

Back