ASUS M3A79-T DELUXE (790FX/SB750)

1.550 vcore.....memory 1.98
i dont know why cpuz does not show core voltage,other people have the same thing i have seen....

yea I got the antec 900, and I do agree with you, but you dont have to use that bottom slot...I mean there are 4 PCI-E slots. I mean I guess it would be a problem with anyone using quad 4850's.

All in all My only complaint is that if I ever do use 4 pci-E slots my Soundcard wouldnt work...no room.

Great overclocking mobo though, thats for sure

I thought that only the blue slots are 16x thats why I am using them. Yes that is true you can use the one of the other slots but they are only 8x. There were two reasons that i bought this board. The first being there were 2 16x slots and 2 being I could still use my SB card while using the 16x slots.

good question.....1.550 vcore......memory voltage 1.98
if you look at some other cpuz it doesnt show up i dont know why either

Hmm Guess ill give 3.5ghz a shot at 1.55v, I didnt want to go over 1.5v much...but eh why the hell not im getting deneb soon, if the 6400 fries...well shit that what [H]ard is all about right? :)

With ACC the Bios did not perform too well,,Its very buggy,, ..When using ACC it didnt matter what Vcore or +2/-2 settings i just wanted to crash if it was raised higher or lower no Matter the Vcore setting..I could only get 3.5ghz//2000mhz nb with High Vcore of 1.6v..ACC would lower the CPU/NB vid too much or not give the Correct Vcore when the VID was suppose to be 1.55v..Ive sent Bug reports to ASUS since this is only the Second Bios i knew ther would be bugs....

The ACC is only good with chips that cant Oc too good from the begining or have a weak core..The Bioses from ASUS right now are very bugged and report Incorrect Volts and Temps.. Once they Iron out the Bios some i will Play with ACC more ,,for Now i know the Mobo runs the Chip like when it was on my TA,,I also wanted to see what it took to get 1.55vid for CPU/NB since there is no hex setting anywhere in Bios...

NOTE: @ 3.5ghz//2678mhz the 79-T actually reports the temp (10c higher BugReportdone) and can trip Shut down early for those who arnt aware of this..Ive tested the Mobo to 1.75v+:D

When running DDR1066 the bios may not enable correct volts (too low to boot Ram) using 6400( 800mhz) for first boot set to 1066 and raise volts ,,then power off pc and change memory to the 1066 sticks solves this .If you are doing a massive OC and Crash the BIOS and it resets you will have to put 800ram back in again,;)

It also shows incorrect volts for the VCORE used to abtain my OC..1.61v for Both CPU and NB...but shows 1.70+ ,,I Raised Volts for CPU and CPUnb both at the same ,,Just like i did with the TA770. With 1.65vcore in Bios for CPU and NB = 1.55vid and = 1.70v which = 1.63v for both Settings. If i subtrack 8-10c my temps are exactly the same as what they Were with the TA..

My TA770 showed me how off the ASUS Bios is..I could grab the DFI 790FXB for its BIOS options but like the better layout and cooling on this...DFI/790FXB Bios has seperate VID;s along with Vcore where this 79-T Bios does not!..That can be a Draw back for Overclockers not having both options,, means you cant set the Max VID manually with out Raising Vcore high. So this means you have to raise the VCORE for the Mobo to Self adjust the CPU/NBvid's .1.60v = 1.5vid 1.65v = 1.55vid ..So far Acc needs to be BIos fine tuned by ASus and i can Clock insanely with out it:D

With ACC MaX CPU multi and couldnt run more than 2000mhz NB
Asus3511mhz.jpg

With ACC OFF i was ABLE toRun @3.5ghz and MAX the NB @ 2678mhz using My 1.65Vcore = 1.55vid method
fastestpi3502mhz.jpg

asuseverest.jpg

TA770 //SB600 with all same hardware and cooling (SAME EXACT SETTINGS)
1.55 CPUvid and +.038 = 1.64vcore with the NB @1.55 nbvid..Notice How the ASUS needs More Vcore to Auto raise the CPU/Nbvid's..thats why its important to have the CPU/NBvid's seperate from Vcore..Asus should knopw better.

3500mhz2678mhzNBSuperPi1M.jpg

3500mhz2678mhzNBeverest.jpg

Notice the Temps and Volt settings ,,
This is what led me to Crank the ASUS ..I knew the ASUS was 10c higher tempwise(reading Higher than the TA770 using the Same Volts@Stock Clocks..

3500mhz2678mhzNB.jpg

My final input this is a nice Mobo in need of a way better Bios ,,

I know theres only been two Bioses so far but having 10c wrongTemps,, No seperate CPU/NBvid adjustment and not booting1066 ram @1.8volts are some biggies..(for some reason Bios sets 1.5v as default for first boot) using 6400(800mhz) will solve this then you just reset the Volts and ram to 1066 and install the 1066.

Dont worry i just started tweaking this thing ,, Awaiting a better Bios

I don't have my manual in front of me, but I remember reading something about the memory slots and if I use all 4 it would slow the speed down to 800mhz.

I just ordered a 2x2 kit of Mushkin Redline 8000 and was only going to use that, but if I ever decide to get another 4 gig say, with this bring the speed from 1000 core to 800 when using 4 sticks?

Did I read that right?

gotvoltage, have you tried overclocking with ACC since the last bios update, which came out the day after your last post?

Very said noob question.

As a post a couple up.

I just got my Mushkin PC8000 2x2's and wanted someone to help me on setting my ram to the default settings 5-5-5-15?

Thanks

gotvoltage, have you tried overclocking with ACC since the last bios update, which came out the day after your last post?

Ive tried the 504 and went back to 403 bios..was more stable..Both gave me a Good CPUclock but the 504 dint go as high with my Ram.

Hmmm a little at a time..With Maxed NB:D

3520mhz_2640mhz_1174mhz.jpg

I think this is my true CPU max..will need better stepping for More..and ACC is still buggy..sometimes ACC wokrs but most time it dosnt give me enuff Volts to keep things happy under load ..Therefore I AM NOT USING ACC.. i just manualy set the Volts and let her rip;)

3536mhz_2000HT1_46vid.jpg

Recieved this board from zzf on Wednesday. Received the brown PCB. Problem with ACC. This is a first time buying asus for me!

System pecs as follows:
vista ultimate - 64 bit
asus m3a79-t deluxe (brown pcb)
crucial dominator 2x2gig - 1066 ddr2
9850be
2x msi 3870 in crossfire
2 - wd 640 gig sata hard drives ahci non raid
raidmax 700 watt ps

Issue is when I set ACC in bios to auto or anything else for that matter (tried all acc settings) and save and reboot the system won't post and I have to power of the box and clear cmos via the jumper. Can't really find much info on this issue so I suspect since this is a first release bios this is where the problem lies.

I can manually overclock using multi to 2.8 stable and 2.9 unstable in vista. I have so far only left all other setting set to auto. Its just that ACC won't work at all and I assume won't until next bios release by asus. Seems to me that they would test this stuff before releasing the board. Has anyone else been able to successfully enable ACC in bios on this board?

I replied to your post on the ASUS forums about this but in case you don't see it there I will reply here as well.

I ran into the same issue and have seen others with the problem as well. It seems to be some type of incompatibility between the MB and PSU. I was running a Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU and I tried to switch to a Corsair 1000W PSU and it would not post with ACC enabled. I would have to switch the power off on the PSU and then clear the CMOS before it would boot back up. I could change any setting inthe bios, but as soon as I enabled ACC it would not post. So far I have seen another persone with the same Corsair PSU with the same issue and another wiht a 550W Mushkin PSU with the same issue. What PSU do you have?

Thanks Ben for letting me know this. I am running a Raidmax 750 PS. I contacted ASUS US support via phone about 2 months ago and they told me they would call me back in a couple of days after trying to replicate the issue. I have never heard from them since. I will not be calling them back as they are not worth the cost of another phone call. Computer hardware manufacturers are all marketing glitz and hype and I am a sucker for the last time. I am sick and tired of the user community having to do their jobs for them regarding tech support and us figuring things out on our own that should have been tested and documented before release to market. In addition to that the user community works for free teaching these clowns about their own product with no reward(s) what so ever. We just keep accepting the status quo. Maybe this wonderful economy will cleanse a few of these snake oil companies from the planet. I certainly wouldn't miss any of them.

Back