ASUS M2R32-MPV conflicts with Creative X-fi Gamer

C McCarter

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I upgraded my Video Card to an EVGA 8800GT OC, and to my suprise I got boot beeping and no video output. The beeps are one Long and 3 short. When I removed my Creative X-fi XtremeGamer the computer would boot normally with no problems. My configuration is as follows

ASUS M2r32-MPV (orginal bios) - bios update does not seem to want to work for me at all
AMD Athlong 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
3328GB (4GB) AData Ram DDR2 800
Seagate 250GB 7200rpm
Seagate 160GB 7200rpm
Seagate Freeagent Pro 750GB
LG HL-DT-ST- DVD-ROM
LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM
Ben-Q FP241W Z
Windows XP MCE (32bit) SP2 - I know 4GB ram does not get used but I am ungrading to Vista 64 Ult soon

Any ideas on getting the sound card to play nice with my setup would be great.

Thanks

Colin

make sure you have the onboard sound disabled. also, disable any of the other onboard things you do not need, such as lan and firewire. I have that same motheboard with an xtremegamer fatal1ty and it doesn't play nice with the onboard devices...

I have onboard sound disabled and any other device that I dont need. However it is still not working.

try upgrading to the latest non-beta bios. Put it on a thumbdrive and upgrade it through the bios itself before you boot into windows.

I didn't see what power supply you have. might be too much of a draw with the new vid card.

My power supply is

Sparkle FSP650-80GLC (650W)

It isnt the best but it gets the job done.

As for the bios update, I will give that a try when I do not need my computer which will be around the 2nd of April. I dont want to take the chance of having to spend the better part of a day to fix it.

Colin

I think the 650 should be enough, but not sure of the rails on that psu.

you can try this but I couldn't get it to work.

Well, I will give the bios update a try. However if that does not work is there any suggestions on PSU to get. I was thinking Corsair TX750W or Ultra X-Pro ULT40029 750 or PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W.

Colin

I have the corsair 750 and all reviews of it make it look like a good choice. I can't complain about it so far.

Thanks for the advice. If I were to SLI (I know I have to change my motherboard) are there any 1200W PSU that are good?

Colin

PS. Sorry for the questions, I dont have much time to look into all of this and last time I bought my stuff it was the one thing i would not get again.

any good 750+ ,like the corsair i have, should be enough for SLI depending on you configuration. most do not need a 1200 watt psu. i plan on going crossfire in the not too distance future. a 3870 and a 3870x2.

Back