Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe strange problems

Thurlow said:
What are your voltages and timings? And what about the HT multiplier...and that other HT setting right below it. I just realized I'm not all too sure what the HT multiplier even does.
The setup I was testing with the ddr-800 settings was..
- vcore - 1.5v
- vdimm - 2.2v
- htt - 250mhz
- multiplier - 12x
- ht settings - 3x
- ht voltages - 1.5v
- memory - 5-5-5-12-2T
(Asus M2N32-SLI, Corsair XMS2-Pro DDR2-800, AMD X2 5000+)

It was Prime stable for about 3hrs... then I moved to a 677 multiplier and I am prime stable for as long as I'll let it run. I stopped my tests after about 15hrs because I didn't want my computer lighting up my room while I was trying to sleep. :p I have screenshots of it 5hrs in on multiple different tests in SP2004.

w1retap said:
(Asus M2N32-SLI, Corsair XMS2-Pro DDR2-800, AMD X2 5000+)

You M2N32 guys who are privileged with things such as official BIOS updates don't count!

ijozic said:
You M2N32 guys who are privileged with things such as official BIOS updates don't count!
I never updated my bios yet. I just took everything out of the box, put it together, installed windows, installed drivers, then started oc'ing.

I just thought we were speaking of all M2N boards in general.

It was a joke (although this thread does have M2N-SLI issues which may or may not be completely different from M2N32 issues).

Anyway, can anyone upload the 0307 BIOS somewhere and post a link? When I first looked for it at work, I could only find the 0304. Then I went to the asus paga again at work and I saw the 0307 BIOS but somebody at company was already downloading smth from ASUS so I couldn't. Now at home, I see the 0304 only again. Strange. It's like some servers have it and some don't.

I didn't know 0307 BIOS existed. I searched for them and found nothing. If they are around, hopefully they can fix the reboot issue I have with 240fsb and 667 memory divider.

Thurlow said:
I didn't know 0307 BIOS existed. I searched for them and found nothing. If they are around, hopefully they can fix the reboot issue I have with 240fsb and 667 memory divider.

Well, I saw it today at work on Asus pages but am not able to repeat that. There is a beta 0402 also (on OCZ support forums) which supposedly makes oc problems (somebody mentioned 220 MHz limit). But 0307 was on official pages so I guess it's stable. If only I was able to download it so I can at least see the release notes.

Ah I am having the exact same problem. Now to get a floppy drive so I can flash the BIOS. I don't know how to read the release notes either, how do you go about doing that?

Thanks for the list. I guess the release notes should be what's mentioned there (support for new CPUs). But, perhaps there are some stability improvements. I have to test it after I get my new CPU cooler. Anybody tried this BIOS already?

ijozic said:
Thanks for the list. I guess the release notes should be what's mentioned there (support for new CPUs). But, perhaps there are some stability improvements. I have to test it after I get my new CPU cooler. Anybody tried this BIOS already?

i will be trying it this afternoon. i'm getting BSOD during OS install with 202 and a new X2-3800.

There is a new one on the FTP- ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-SLI Deluxe/0402.zip

maybe i'll try that one first

402 is flashed and stable. i'm having some issues with super pi times... it hangs after the last calculation for 30 seconds on 1m. It may be ram related, need to see if i can tighten up my ram timings.

Back