ASUS “Leaks” STRIX X299-E Motherboard

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
This could have been intentional since the video is still up on the ROG channel, but ASUS has given us a proper look at their STRIX X299-E motherboard ahead of Computex. If the video gets taken down, you can check out the copy at VideoCardz. Personally, I am more excited about MSI’s X299 offering, assuming it has an M.2 layout like their latest Z270 board.

I'm waiting for a mono-block x299 Maximums board! I could careless for all the underglow......err RGB fad.

Is case lighting a fad? What's with people thinking RGB is some gimmick? You know you don't need to have the lights going through gay rainbow mode constantly, right?

I love RGB because I can have my cases lighting and my keyboard/mouse lighting always color match and can decide if I want a red day or blue day or green, etc.

Works well for me at least.

Anyone else notice that they said "supports Intel Core X series processor family" at 0:10?

Is case lighting a fad? What's with people thinking RGB is some gimmick? You know you don't need to have the lights going through gay rainbow mode constantly, right?

I love RGB because I can have my cases lighting and my keyboard/mouse lighting always color match and can decide if I want a red day or blue day or green, etc.

Works well for me at least.

RGB basically means you choose what colour your hardware is.

Before RGB, the average person could only hope to have red hardware because red=fast to normies. Now we have sleek, black hardware with whatever colour we feel like.

Before RGB, the average person could only hope to have red hardware because red=fast to normies. Now we have sleek, black hardware with whatever colour we feel like.

Which means all colors in some degree of pulsating fashion.

Which means all colors in some degree of pulsating fashion.

Not really. I have my case LEDs set to a static blue. The whole rainbow thing is for advertising, as you cant really show off the whole range of colours, or show that your product DOES indeed have configurable LEDs without getting campy.

This is a full RGB build I did for a friend of a friend. Notice how it's only one colour?

20170324_220202.jpg

Take off the WiFi and RBG and would be a good. Still will be a $300+ motherboard.

You take that back: RGB is love. RGB is life...

hahahaha.

I did at one point have UV lighting on my UV reactive cables back 15 years ago, but nowadays I just want more functional over pretty colors. To me the RGB craze as of late just reminds me of the underglow craze on cars, just funny. Neat concept, I just have no need for it.

talking about RGB... my keyboard has it, my mouse has it on its logo (why)

and... the dumbest part. underneath my monitor has a bunch of lights too.

You guys seriously like to be blinded? I like to focus on you know, actually looking at the screen. Every piece of hardware thats "high end" must have RGB. I disable it immediately. Dumb eyesore.

Just build a new rig for my daughter with an ASUS mobo. The LED lights are cool but couldn't figure out how to shut the damn things off! Damn thing was light up even after i shut down the damn rig!

Intel lan doesn't tell us anything, will it have 10GbE? Or is there a WS board that will?

talking about RGB... my keyboard has it, my mouse has it on its logo (why)

and... the dumbest part. underneath my monitor has a bunch of lights too.

You guys seriously like to be blinded? I like to focus on you know, actually looking at the screen. Every piece of hardware thats "high end" must have RGB. I disable it immediately. Dumb eyesore.

I like that i can set the LEDs to change color if the machine gets too hot. Its something i had done in the past with an Arduino and some NeoPIxels so im stoked its built in now. I agree that people take it way too far, but they can be used to highlight and accent too.

I think I'm old now as I don't care about the color or lighting of anything on my PC anymore. I didn't even get a window panel on my last build. It sits on the side of my desk and I never look at it, I'm too busy gaming.

Video is gone.
Anyone else notice that they said "supports Intel Core X series processor family" at 0:10?
X299 is the chipset for Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X, so I don't see what is surprising about this?

Back