ASUS & [H]ardOCP Haswell Z87 ROG Motherboard Giveaway! Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, a UEFI that doesn't look like an old BIOS with extraneous poor graphics and mouse support slapped on. Bravo!

It seems like a small feature, but the ROG Pulse feature is really cool for me. I am always nervous that I broke something when changing BIOS settings, would definitely be nice to know everything is still working.

I also like the ASUS Ram Drive, but that isn't a UEFI feature.

Firstly I just love Asus's UEFI's. They look awesome and make things a lot easier to navigate. I was also intrigued by the GPU.DIMM POST. I like what I see.

The new exciting features for me are the ' Rog Ramdisk ' and the ' Tweakers Paradise ' predefined settings for Ram modules. :)

I'm intrigued by the OC panel. I've been iffy about these panels in the past, as they can seem for flash than function, curious to see how this one does.

Secure erase because it's super convenient. It means not having to dig around for my USB tools thumb drive!

Definitely a sleek new interface, but most of all, I like the ease of enabling XMP. It was quite cumbersome before.

ramdisk, secure erase.... blah blah blah, that's all well and good, but i just want the smoking overclocks you can get with these boards!

The secure erase feature is one that is really selling me. Erasing SSD has gotten easier, but still is a pain to do it correctly . Having that feature in the BIOS is a really great thing. Kudos to whomever thought of that.

Thanks
Mike

The face that you no longer have to bumble about using the arrow keys on your keyboard when navigating through a normal BIOS. Yep, that sells me right there.

The SSD Secure Erase is the feature I'm most interested in testing. Makes it quick and easy to swap in new SSD's and securely wipe the old ones without having to create a USB flash drive with Parted Magic.

Multiple overclocking presets is great so you can find one that works and then tweak it without needing to write it all down in case you need to go back.

This ROG series of the Asus UEFI is perfectly streamlined for both the novice builder or the most advanced. The layout of the initial screen has all of the essential settings and information in plain view and access. Even a novice can overclock from first power on.

The new feature which I'm most excited about is the labeling of the SATA devices. I find that I swap/change/RMA/upgrade SATA (ATA and IDE in the past) devices more than any other type of component over the years. Now I can label it in the UEFI and take the guess work out of both troubleshooting and replacement.

The most exciting feature for me is how they improved and sped up the mouse control.

A nice simple layout to the bios is what impresses me.Also having the secure erase feature is a big plus over other brands!

With higher capacity memory being available in today's market having the ROG RAMDisk makes it easier to set and run a RAM disk so that any type of user whether they be a hardcore gamer or a multimedia professional user can take full advantage of their memory's capacity and performance without relying on a 3rd party application.

Last edited:
So many things. Log of last changed settings. Rename attached drives to identify them. Quick Favorites menu of settings you like to use the most.

Ramdisk and SSD secure erase features are really great. No need to get those 3rd party ramdisk softwares anymore! I'm really digging the new BIOS layout as well. Very ROG-esque and definitely sets it apart from the rest. I also like the addition of mPCIe wi-fi card.

I've been a big fan of ASUS ROG boards. Still running ROG Rampage III Formula in my main system and ROG Gene II on my LAN box. So, it'd be nice to get a new ROG board and hop on the upgrade train.

As far as the UEFI BIOS is concerned, I find the addition of the integrated RAMDisk utility to be most compelling, but from a HW standpoint the mSATA-compatible mPCIe interface is an extremely intelligent enhancement offering lots of new configuration options. Good work on the newly-designed OC Panel, as well, Asus!

I like quicknote, that way I leave there what the hell I did last time.

Tweaker's paradise...puts all the random stuff in one place outside of the normal settings for OC so when you're tweaking for max OC, you can do it from one menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back