ASUS & [H]ardOCP Haswell Z87 ROG Motherboard Giveaway! Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several features they have added definitely brings a rich user experience comparing to the older BIOS as I have never used the UEFI.

• EZ Mode interface makes it very easy to find your RAM specs and other necessary information that you want to see without wasting too much time maneuvering between several options back and forth.
  • The favorites is a neat future that simplifies and the time to find a certain option in the bios.
  • Extreme Tweaker in the DRAM section is the other neat option, where you have a large list of tweaked profiles for memory, which makes it out of the box easy OC, whereas earlier the OC will only appeal to enthusiast and not the general public.

ramdisk.

Also, if I am selected, I know I will wax poetic about HardOCP and my new ASUS ROG gear over Twitter, Instagram, facebook and other social media sites I will join after winning for 6 months. #HARDOCP #ASUSROG #Winners #awesome.

Last edited:
The OC panel..buttons on the board.
..and the real-time frequency feedback :D
(I don't really want one) ..then I'd have to buy a chip.
Think I'll get me some Clarkbars and play with 'em :p...for now.
Oh..and the secure-erase from BIOS..I like that.I would use secure-erase from BIOS often.

Definitely the BCLK preset profiles for overclocking. I have the now elderly Asus P8P67-EVO and I can tell you that messing with the BCLK with the twitchy 2500k processor was touch and go.

This isn't entirely BIOS related since it required some added hardware to the board but I really think the ability to control 3-pin fans from within the BIOS is the best feature of the new series of boards. No more having to worry about a fan controller, or buying PWM only fans, or other solutions for controlling fan speed and voltage. Thanks Asus!

Tweaker's Paradise. Maximum Tweak.
awesome name, picturing a spazzed out guy...

but the multiple Memory profiles are nice.

Last edited:
One of the greatest things I've found about the newer UEFI is it's ability to easily update the bios without having to use a stand alone updater. That along with the user friendly interface is amazing for both simple setups for my friends using the sabertooth line or going full tilt with the ROG boards!

I like the option to just reset overclock options back to default while leaving other options like drive boot order configured.

The feature I'm looking forward to the most is the overall ease of use. Overclocking and managing everything never looked so simple. Something as small as being able to name an HD to avoid confusion with other HDs is fantastic.

i would have to say the built in ram disk that is a very nice thing to have whit how much ram systems have nowadays

I have the asus p8z68-v pro, bios is sweet and good for overclocking but like the new features on the rog boards .Really like the note would be handy for different overclock settings, would probably have bought a rog board but was out of my budget maybe I could win 1 that would be awesome:cool:

call me simple, but i think the quick note what i am looking forward to the most. Considering i am always taking notes while i OC, simplicity sometimes is the best I think.

When I will, I will let you know as I could test all of them and write a true review of my favorite.

Guys,

UEFI is great and all but I am no kidder. I want this cause it's the best butterboard around.

I love the ease and look of this new feature! Much better than the old style looking dos days.

Question: We’ve made some significant upgrades to UEFI across the board [pun intended]. Which new feature is most exciting to you?

After watching the video describing the new UEFI implementation for the new Z87 boards, while the SSD secure erase feature is a very nice and needed addition (and since I'm currently running the Sabertooth Z77 for comparison) my choice is the apparently AWESOME ease of selecting and tweaking the OC parameters. WOW! All together, I'm liking these new UEFI featured boards. Since I actually have to reference a saved text file for when I get into the mode of trying to eek out some more performance on my current Sabertooth Z77 (what a pain) I'm thinking it's time to upgrade... and I'm looking at taking the next step up to an ASUS ROG based board. (But first I'll see if I can't win one here!)

I have to agree with several here and say secure erase and ramdisk. Finally, secure erase with ease. (or easier) Thank God!

Likely the ramdisk, but i think having built in wifi with uefi controls is great. Also the onboard graphics control options!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back