ASUS & [H]ardOCP Haswell Z87 Motherboard Giveaway! Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use the time savings to research how I can get the best performance out of the other parts in my system besides the motherboard and CPU. 95% is fine for me if it saves time!

Question: Auto Tuning in ASUS 4-Way Optimization allows your CPU to achieve 95% of its potential in roughly 10 minutes. What would you do with those time savings?

Make ramen noodles and start playing ffxi that much faster after I put the kids to bed!!

If it gets to 95% of it's potential in 10 minutes, I would save a TON of time trying to figure out what to tweak to get the system near its max. I guess I would just spend the time saved (literally tens of hours) doing anything BUT trying to find that extra 5% performance and just enjoy using the new PC.

I would actually wash my clothes I have been wearing for the last month.

Use the time to finish tweaking the final numbers to my time machine, thus ensuring a safe trip back to the store where I would henceforth proceed in my plan to ever so slightly skew the timeline. Such is where I hope to set in motion enough of a ripple to put a different chip in my hands while simultaneously remaining true to the current time line in the majority of cases.

Through this technique I will attempt to game the silicon lottery and obtain the chip of which will promptly usher in a new golden age of overclocking.

I would use those time savings and perform some research via [H], Asus and the infamous Google to see if Asus is implementing this feature on their Graphics cards : )

I've used the Asus Auto Tuning feature on my current board and it did give a good starting point as to what the setup could initially handle. The saved time would probably go right back into performance testing of my new rig. :)

I would spend 10 more minutes of quality time with my girlfriend... HAHA, just kidding.
10 minutes is just about enough time to get to the beverage shop for a 12 pack.

The time saved with having a good auto tuning app as this is a day or two of more pleasurable gaming on a stable system.

Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a bathroom break <Ahhhh>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Have a cold one. <burp>
Oppsh... shory, tha wash elven mintes - i cnt count when im thish dunk..

I'd use the extra time saved by the 4 Way Auto Tuning to Check out the Steam Summer sales so I'd be able to stress test my new machine the best way I know how... Turning up all the settings to max on newer titles!

I dont know if I need all that extra time, but shooting competitors non-swanky Asus equipped computer equipment with large caliber rifles could surely fill this new void in my life.

I would use the extra time to compose a clever Haiku.

It would include [H] and Intel, of course, as well as conveying my appreciation and pure happiness of winning.

I would have to win first...

Figure out how to get the other +5% (everything I own should give 110% no?)

I'd spend those 10 minutes squeezing out the remainder 5%! Because, after all, this is [H]ard|OCP... this is what we do! ;)

I would spend 10 more minutes lurking on the [H]ard|Forums reasearching what other parts to put with the new motherboard and CPU.

use the time to level a new world of warcraft toon from level 1-10... because those levels have become so face palm easy that anyone should be able to go from level 1-10 in 10 minutes.

During this time i might ask myself why im running a game that does not require new hardware on a z87 platform. :p

The first thing I would do is spend the time in a debate with a good "Trekkie" friend of mine on the theory of time travel and how it is protrayed in the Star Trek Universe. He is under the belief that no matter what happens, you will retain any knowledge that you would have gained due to a "time event". I have tried over the years to explain that it would be ill-logical to that Voyager would have kept the armament that future Janeway had outfitted Voyager with if they prevented her from going back in time.

I do so hope that I win this motherboard so that I have the time to explain that his precious Star Trek Time travel theory does not work like that and to actually build my time machine with this motherboard and actually show him how it works.

So, when you decide on who should get this, please understand that you will be helping two people and crushing the dreams of one Trekkie, and lets face it, the world will sleep better at night with this understanding.

Clay

I would use the extra time I would have with family and go outside. OC'ing in 10 minutes is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back