ASUS GTX 780 - $397.99AR @ Newegg

Sweet. So with this, new 780s are selling for what a lot of people were trying to get for used cards in the FS/FT forum as they dumped them in anticipation of an upgrade. This should serve nicely to push down the prices of those cards.

I've been tossing around the idea of upgrading my 670 to a 780 or 780Ti for a couple of months now (the 670 is currently doing fine but I'm moving to a 3440x1440 ultrawide starting today). Sooo glad I waited. It would have been a fool's mistake to buy a 700 series right before the bottom fell out of the market.

Sweet. So with this, new 780s are selling for what a lot of people were trying to get for used cards in the FS/FT forum as they dumped them in anticipation of an upgrade. This should serve nicely to push down the prices of those cards.

I've been tossing around the idea of upgrading my 670 to a 780 or 780Ti for a couple of months now (the 670 is currently doing fine but I'm moving to a 3440x1440 ultrawide starting today). Sooo glad I waited. It would have been a fool's mistake to buy a 700 series right before the bottom fell out of the market.

Unfortunately, the new cards don't look to be much faster, so I doubt you'll see the "bottom fall out" of the market unless the 290/290x drop as well. I would like to pick up another 780 if prices get down to ~$300 AR/AC/after selling bundles.

Every time they release cards they are only 5% faster. What happened to the 860/70/80/ti cards?

Unfortunately, the new cards don't look to be much faster, so I doubt you'll see the "bottom fall out" of the market unless the 290/290x drop as well. I would like to pick up another 780 if prices get down to ~$300 AR/AC/after selling bundles.

It's gotta happen. Non-Ti 780s have routinely been going for $375-$400 on the forums lately. It doesn't really matter if the upcoming nVidia cards are 5% or 50% faster if Newegg and other retailers are going to start selling new 780s for $400. The prices of those used cards has to come down to adjust for the price of the new ones.

Now I'm not saying that in a month we'll be seeing used 780s for $200, but I suspect they'll eventually start being listed around the $300 mark if brand new ones are selling for $400.

I see what you're saying about the 290x prices, but regardless if they do or not, who in their right mind would pay $375 for a used 780 when Newegg is selling new ones w/full warranty for $400?

Yep. This "deal" is to clearance stock before the better, newer cards hit, to suckers--- um, I mean buyers at the last minute :).

Well, to be fair, if they start clearing out the 780s, it means current 780 owners will be able to SLI on the (relative) cheap.

Right. $300 is where I've picked up a lot of previous-gen high end cards over the years.

I was surprised that the GTX 770 is still selling for about the same price as what I paid for mine ~4.5 months ago. The main difference that back then, "Watch Dogs" was the free game that they were giving out. Mine was also Asus branded.

I am very disappointed by the fact that nVIDIA will still be using the 28nm node to manufacture the GTX 980. This will certainly limit to some extent the increase in performance from the new generation of video card.

Back