Asus Gtx 690 in stock go go go

I would rather add another 700 and get an imac when the new one comes out.

I really don't know what to say other then why the fuck is a video card $1,199?

You would be out of your fucking mind if you got this when the GTX 670 in SLI is cheaper and performs just as well as the GTX 690, the GTX 690 is just insanely overpriced and so not worth the price premium.

That's the ugliest price i've ever seen. I can build one hell of a rig already with $1200.

Looks like ebay has been consistently getting 1500+ bucks for them.
just sayin

It's amazing to see all the 680/690 hate since the 670 was introduced. Fact of the matter is some people don't blink twice at purchasing cards for this amount of money. No need to hate for those that can afford this awesome component. I myself cannot wait to sell my GTX680 and pick one of these up and throw a water block on it. Standard MSRP on these are around $1K which is the same as two gtx 680s, if you were to go the SLI route. I'm tired of seeing thread after thread of ignorant banter which adds nothing beneficial to the thread. Either buy one or not and go about your business.

I really don't know what to say other then why the fuck is a video card $1,199?
Why the sex does this card cost 1200$?

One of these words doesn't make much sense in the context of this question ...

LOL, $1200 for a video card! But isn't there the micro-stutter issue using 2 cards? I wouldn't do SLI in todays gaming market anyways. Most games are console ports that run fine on my 5870 :(

Please tell us more about your preferences for other things in this deal thread about the GTX 690. We are all very interested.

I, too, would like to know about things totally unrelated to OP. It's the reason I came to Hotdeals this morning.

LOL, $1200 for a video card! But isn't there the micro-stutter issue using 2 cards? I wouldn't do SLI in todays gaming market anyways. Most games are console ports that run fine on my 5870 :(

I myself have not been able to test the MS issues on the 6 series cards but from reading posts from others "they" say that MS has vastly improved over all previous generations. Some say the 690 is even better, but like I said this is just hearsay.

Everyone gets so crazy about the price. It's called supply and demand. Plus two Gtx 680's would cost anywhere from $1000 to $1100 depending on model. So yes it's a lot of money but if you want the best of the best when it's limited you're going to pay. Trust me if someone can afford a $1100+ video card they could of just settled for the $399 GTX 670, but thats not what they want.

To the guys running 2 670's, what reso are you running? To say it stomps on a 690 is a little silly to me. If you are running 1080p, you shouldn't be looking at a 690 in the first place, IMO. But if you are on 1440 or 1600 reso's, that 4GB vRAM on the 690 sounds like a winner to me.

Are there any benchmarks posted of a fully OC'ed 7970 vs OC'ed 670. Just curious. A lot of the newer 670 benchmarks I'm seeing are OC'ed 670s vs stock 7970s and 680s which is just crap.

My 7970 is working great but I just upgraded to 2560x1440. Holding out for a 7990.

Lol I wouldn't buy it if it had tax, unless I absolutely had to have it right now and that was the only supplier with it in stock. Glad I don't live in CA or Newegg would not be my go-to supplier. I live in VA, we are getting an Amazon distribution center and now VA has to pay taxes on everything bought from Amazon. Won't be using them anymore!

Tax is the reason I didn't get it. At $1199 plus IL tax my total was 1295.48. I got one for retail from Evga. It's on it's way will be here Tuesday. Upgrading from a HD 7970.

To the guys running 2 670's, what reso are you running? To say it stomps on a 690 is a little silly to me. If you are running 1080p, you shouldn't be looking at a 690 in the first place, IMO. But if you are on 1440 or 1600 reso's, that 4GB vRAM on the 690 sounds like a winner to me.

It doesn't, and I didn't say it. I stated (just before dogboy's post), that one could have a triSLI setup for the price of that card. That might beat the 690. BTW, the 4gb is split between the two chips, so there is no particular advantage, save for having it all on one card.... Which is substantial.

Try playing BF3 across 3 23" monitors or any modern game. That's the point of these cards. Being able to play games at insane resolutions.

Please tell us more about your preferences for other things in this deal thread about the GTX 690. We are all very interested.

haha thats what I thought, Oh yeah sure thats a reasonable choice a video card that is probably the most powerful single card GPU i the world, or a computer that can barely play any games. Next up I will try to decide if I want to buy a supercharger for a race car or purchase a van.

Can only imagine what an Asus Mars III will cost... if they ever make one.
Also the GTX 690 takes up two slots, two 670's will take up FOUR!

This is priced for the people with $200+ cases, OCZ revo drives, $1k processors :eek:

Back