Asus Gtx 690 in stock go go go

Please tell us more about your preferences for other things in this deal thread about the GTX 690. We are all very interested.

I was trying to make a point that no video card is worth 1200, why not grab two 680's if you really want a card that bad that will out perform this card. It is pointless to waste money on this shit when you can have two 670's for 800 and overclock them a little and get similar performance.

This is a non-deal in a deals thread. When someone has money they will spend it, heck if they can afford a 1200 dollar video card all power to them, and I have seen people, I really don't care how much money I got, I don't think I can ever justify spending 1200 on a video card may be if it was a single gpu based and about 5x faster than gtx 680.

Just because someone has the ability to buy it doesn't mean it s a hot deal.

Last edited:
It was only a hot deal because it was in stock and hundreds less than Amazon or EBay. The only two places that always have them available but at a high markup.

It was only a hot deal because it was in stock and hundreds less than Amazon or EBay. The only two places that always have them available but at a high markup.

if someone can pay 1200 for one, they can pay hundereds more on ebay and amazon, ;)

I was trying to make a point that no video card is worth 1200, why not grab two 680's if you really want a card that bad that will out perform this card. It is pointless to waste money on this shit when you can have two 670's for 800 and overclock them a little and get similar performance.

This is a non-deal in a deals thread. When someone has money they will spend it, heck if they can afford a 1200 dollar video card all power to them, and I have seen people, I really don't care how much money I got, I don't think I can ever justify spending 1200 on a video card may be if it was a single gpu based and about 5x faster than gtx 680.

Just because someone has the ability to buy it doesn't mean it s a hot deal.

Don't be so precise, you hit it right in the center of the eyes that time. :p

When you consider that flagship dual GPUs like the 690 are going to be obsolete in all of 12 months, it's an especially poor value. People foamed at the mouth for the GTX 590 when it was $800, then a year later we're back to the same story. This planned obsolescence crap it getting old. :(

if someone can pay 1200 for one, they can pay hundereds more on ebay and amazon, ;)

Can they pay more yes. Will they, well it's up to the buyer and how bad they want it. I got one from Evga and another from Amazon. Waiting for the Evga one coming Tuesday. The amazon was $50 over retail and Evga was retail. So i didn't pay too much over retail.

Don't be so precise, you hit it right in the center of the eyes that time. :p

When you consider that flagship dual GPUs like the 690 are going to be obsolete in all of 12 months, it's an especially poor value. People foamed at the mouth for the GTX 590 when it was $800, then a year later we're back to the same story. This planned obsolescence crap it getting old. :(

It's not too bad. Check eBay for completed listings of the Gtx 590 and they are ending from $500-650. That's not too bad.

GTX 670 SLI blah blah blah. Listen guys, some people have deeper wallets then us and money is not an object to them. They just want the best available regardless of the price. This means an i7 3960X and maybe one or two of these bad boys.

I don't even think two of these in SLI are as fast as GTX 680 Quad-SLI. Unfortunately, you would be very suprised by the amount of first time builders or newbies that see that the GTX 690 is the fastest card made by Nvidia and jump on it. Lets just say I have had experiences with people who have purchased $500+ worth of hardware and do not know the difference between PCI and PCI-E.

Although not completely relevant, I sold a gentleman two GTX 460's 1GB cards a while ago that he intended to run in SLI and it was going to be his first experience. I didn't build a PC for him but he had my phone number for the cards I sold him. Well, I'm sure you guys are probably thinking that I am going to say he ended up calling me that he had issues with SLI. Nope, he called me asking that he was trying to repair his windows installation on his old PC and did not understand you have to select a device to boot from......

I disagree. By same logic, why save $50 or so for a 300-400 video card. Saving is saving.

if someone doesn't care enough to not spent 1200 on a video card than by the same logic it can be assumed they have money to blow at video card. At the end of the day it is not logic at place here, it is money in the bank and someone pulling the trigger. If I was to spend 1200 on a video card i am pretty sure I would not care about spending 1400 on it if it wasn't available any where else and I wanted it.

People trying to save 50 on a 300-400 video card are actually trying to save money and get the best bang for their buck. I highly doubt a dude spending 1200 on a video card is really concerned too much about saving.

Last edited:
I kind of agree with your assumption NKD but you cannot easily come to that conclusion about a few hundered bucks being insignificant to someone buying a GTX 690. I would think in just over half of the potential GTX 690 suitors would pay more than MSRP and do something like purchase the GTX 690 + EVGA SR-2 combo for $1499.99. Good luck selling a dual socket, last gen motherboard! You'd end up gettting about $100 for it.

This is just an assumption of mine as well. But I'm just saying it is rash to think that because someone is throwing down 1K on a GPU that two, three hundred bucks is nothing to them. There are plenty who want a GTX 690 and will look past a 690 selling for for $1200 or more because maybe they have a budget. They could also be willing to sit back and wait for MSRP availability.

From my experience assumptions are a dangerous thing. Probably not in the realm of computer hardware though.

if someone doesn't care enough to not spent 1200 on a video card than by the same logic it can be assumed they have money to blow at video card. At the end of the day it is not logic at place here, it is money in the bank and someone pulling the trigger. If I was to spend 1200 on a video card i am pretty sure I would not care about spending 1400 on it if it wasn't available any where else and I wanted it.

People trying to save 50 on a 300-400 video card are actually trying to save money and get the best bang for their buck. I highly doubt a dude spending 1200 on a video card is really concerned too much about saving.
Everyone considers price, but the GTX 690 market is all about performance. In the electronics industry, time is money. If I want a GTX 690 early on, then I will have to pay a premium for it. But I also get to enjoy it longer that way.

I'm not buying a 690 btw lol

I'd say it mostly depends on what your yearly salary is as to what amount of money is worth spending the time and waiting for something cheaper. If you make north of 100k a year and are buying a $1000+ video card an extra couple hundred dollars certainly isn't something worth bitching about. And for business users it's just that much more of a tax write-off for you at the end of the year.

It also depends on how much you use it. Not like it is unheard of for golfers to drop this much on a club or two, or motocross, skiing etc...

Back