ASUS GTX 680 for $197 at Amazon

Hopefully some of you will be lucky enough to have these shipped before Amazon caught on.

I don't think this will be a case of some getting lucky and others not...as far as I know no one has had their orders voided, so either everyone makes out with a 680 for cheap, or everyone returns whatever they shipped in lieu of a 680.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
and I was going to purchase.. but thought it was just a mislabel..

Damnit I figured this for sure would be a cancled order. Oh well. Congrats on the good buy. Waiting to see if others have the same luck though...

Sorry Reffa, I am doing this from work.:D
Thanks for the good news! Looking for forward to receiving my packages :D

NVIDIA just started a new promotion and it appears to be valid for this particular card on the product page. Anyone going to try to contact them to get a code?

Free Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™ Digital Deluxe Edition Game with Select GeForce GTX Graphics Cards

The GeForce GTX-based graphics card enables full-throttle lifelike game play while providing optimal power management. For a limited time, get a free Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist when you gear up with GeForce GTX.Learn more.

I tried to get that 680 on amazon warehouse deals but couldn't find it... Guess someone beat me to it

Last edited:
I'm amazed they didn't backpedal. Obviously a clerical error. Most companies issue an apology not a deal.

I'm amazed they didn't backpedal. Obviously a clerical error. Most companies issue an apology not a deal.

<3 Amazon. It's stuff like this that makes me have zero issue paying for a prime account...that and my wife and I buy so much crap on there that it pays for itself.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the good news! Looking for forward to receiving my packages :D

NVIDIA just started a new promotion and it appears to be valid for this particular card on the product page. Anyone going to try to contact them to get a code?

Free Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™ Digital Deluxe Edition Game with Select GeForce GTX Graphics Cards

The GeForce GTX-based graphics card enables full-throttle lifelike game play while providing optimal power management. For a limited time, get a free Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist when you gear up with GeForce GTX.Learn more.

Terms and Conditions
The promotion applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. Promotion applies to orders placed on or after July 9, 2013. Limited time offer or while supplies last.

We missed it by a couple of days...but I can live with that, although it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

We missed it by a couple of days...but I can live with that, although it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

Oh well. I'm still stoked about this deal! A free game tossed in would have probably made this the greatest video card deal of all time though lol.

Seriously though....WHY DIDN'T I BUY MORE THAN ONE!!!??? You could flip one and basically make the one you keep free.

This must have been Karma for Microcenter refusing to let me have an the extra 25% off of a 670 last week :cool:

Last edited:
Well, crap. I saw this in time, but was worried that it was the 660. I tried to get in on a deal for some Allen Edmonds shoes for $50 a pair through Jos A. Banks last week and the order got cancelled so I was down about trying something that was probably a mis-listing again. Fortune favors the bold I guess.

For some reason I don't think I will be as lucky. My two are still stuck in shipping now mode. And I opted for two day shipping.

Well, crap. I saw this in time, but was worried that it was the 660. I tried to get in on a deal for some Allen Edmonds shoes for $50 a pair through Jos A. Banks last week and the order got cancelled so I was down about trying something that was probably a mis-listing again. Fortune favors the bold I guess.

There was basically zero risk with this card. Amazon returns are very painless. Since everything on the page described a 680, the return would be completely free if they sent out 660's or something. All you'd have to do is select "not what I ordered" on their returns page.

For some reason I don't think I will be as lucky. My two are still stuck in shipping now mode. And I opted for two day shipping.

i've noticed that Amazon 2-day shipping is often actually 1-day shipping with a day long wait to ship lol. A blu-ray my wife ordered says the same thing still.

Just a question, couldnt these be refurbs and amazon forgot to put refurb on their webpage ?

There was basically zero risk with this card. Amazon returns are very painless. Since everything on the page described a 680, the return would be completely free if they sent out 660's or something. All you'd have to do is select "not what I ordered" on their returns page.

It was more of a thing about floating the $200 and taking the time to do the RMA. I get very little free time as it is.

Damn I wish I saw it on time. I was about an hour late :( I should check the deals forum more frequently from now on.

Back