ASUS GTX 680 for $197 at Amazon

I would call and confirm my order, to see exactly what went into the package

Found this thread over at OC.net from October 2012. It seems back then that the page title was listed as a 680, but everything else about the item all said 660. This time around, everything in the description said 680, so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

edit: it also apparently wasn't sold directly by Amazon that time.

It was for this listing

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the guy wrote his review on the wrong listing.

Edit: NVM. Seems he posted a link to the above URL in his review

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Great deal if they actually turn out to 680's but they sag like the tits of a 86-year old mother of 3 and blow tons of hot air back into your case...

Reference cooler FTW

Damn good deal if it turned out to be a 680. Good luck to those who got in.

I never understood why people care about the hot air being blown back into the case. If you have a good cooler on the GPU and CPU temps won't be an issue. Add in some case fans incase you stack many HDDs atop each other and those will be fine.

I'd take the lower noise and temps over the annoying game breaking noise of garbage reference coolers any day.

I never understood why people care about the hot air being blown back into the case. If you have a good cooler on the GPU and CPU temps won't be an issue. Add in some case fans incase you stack many HDDs atop each other and those will be fine.

I'd take the lower noise and temps over the annoying game breaking noise of garbage reference coolers any day.

The 680 actually has a damn nice reference cooler. It's nothing like the jet engine of the 480 or 580.

Anyways this will be insane if it turns out to be a 680... just sorry I missed it.

I participated in a previous Amazon price mistake for a Corsair SSD. Everything on the product page stated 480GB, but the drive received was only a 240GB. The only thing different was amazon's product ID number, which did not have any indications that it was the 240GB drive.

I suggest making a video recording of the package with the tracking number and opening the package to see what is inside. That way you have proof that you didn't swap products.

You don't need video. Amazon has classy customer service and will take care of you if they messed up. I bought my first book at Amazon in 1995 and I have never had a bad experience with them with many tens of thousands of dollars in purchases.

Amazon had made a pricing mistake with the MSI GTX 580 Lightning cards a few years ago (you should be able to find the thread on H). They cancelled everyone's orders including mine as the item was OOS. A couple of weeks later they were back in stock at regular price, and Amazon sold me a pair of Lightnings at the reduced price when I called and asked nicely (and flirted with the CS lady a little :)). Amazon has the best CS in the business!

Amazon had made a pricing mistake with the MSI GTX 580 Lightning cards a few years ago (you should be able to find the thread on H). They cancelled everyone's orders including mine as the item was OOS. A couple of weeks later they were back in stock at regular price, and Amazon sold me a pair of Lightnings at the reduced price when I called and asked nicely (and flirted with the CS lady a little :)). Amazon has the best CS in the business!
They didn't cancel everyone's order because I got mine

I participated in a previous Amazon price mistake for a Corsair SSD. Everything on the product page stated 480GB, but the drive received was only a 240GB. The only thing different was amazon's product ID number, which did not have any indications that it was the 240GB drive.

I suggest making a video recording of the package with the tracking number and opening the package to see what is inside. That way you have proof that you didn't swap products.

Not necessary. If one person gets a 660, that means everyone who ordered will get a 660. In the next day or two, Amazon is going to be well aware if a mistake was made. Plus, they have the most painless return system ever. You don't have to speak to a person or wait for approval. Just go to their return center, chose that you got the wrong item, and a return label will be provided.

Plus, they have the most painless return system ever. You don't have to speak to a person or wait for approval. Just go to their return center, chose that you got the wrong item, and a return label will be provided.

^^ This....

Best Customer Service for Returns... no hassle... ever

Which is why I posted this deal originally. Amazon is the most drama-free return if things go pear-shaped. Basically, zero risk if you have Prime.

It's over $25, so zero risk with FSSS.

Got my shopping confirmation, I wonder if the shipping weight will tell us anything. Anyone know how the 660 DC2 cooler compares to the 680 DC2.

Sad I missed this, too, if it works out. Though I don't think I have room in my case for this monster in SLI, anyway, but I'd find a use for it at that price. :)

Which is why I posted this deal originally. Amazon is the most drama-free return if things go pear-shaped. Basically, zero risk if you have Prime.

Funny that you should comment on Prime...'cause during checkout on this deal they offered me a free month trial, so of course I took it. Not only would I get free 2-day shipping, but I also knew that if there was a problem with the deal the return would be much easier having a Prime account.

Just didn't see a downside to this "gamble". Glad I jumped in and thanks once more for sharing.

Hopefully it goes well for you guys that got in on the deal. Lets hope amazon pulls through with the 680's.

I ordered mine Sunday morning before it went out of stock. Its still listed as not shipped yet. I opted for the $4 next day. So playing the waiting game.

Awesome deal. Wish I could have scored on it. Congrats to those that scored on this deal.

Got tracking for one of mines as well via FedEx. Coming from Whitestown, IN with a ETA of Weds

just checked mine says same. started thinking maybe they were sitting on them trying to figure out what to do.

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
July 8, 2013 08:27:06 PM Hebron KY US Package arrived at a carrier facility
I post this mostly because it's a message from the future, seeing as it's 7:26pm eastern atm...

Just as an update, my card (whatever it may be) finally shipped out tonight from Kentucky via UPS. It should be here tomorrow, so I'll update here again as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I work evenings, so if it doesn't get here before work I won't be able to open it until I get home at around 11pm EST. Let's all keep out fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Hope to hear some good news for the deliveries tomorrow. Otheriwse, I'll be refusing my shipments to save the hassle.

GL to all of you who got in on this! These types of deals are few and far between if it turns out to really be a 680.

Hopefully some of you will be lucky enough to have these shipped before Amazon caught on.

Back