ASUS GTX 680 for $197 at Amazon

Meh, I'll give it a try. If they send the wrong card it's just a quick taping of the return shipping label on the box and drop it off at the UPS store next time I get groceries.

Note that review about the 660 is from October of last year. So might get lucky.

Sold directly by Amazon.com. In for a cancellation or return...

Meh, I'll give it a try. If they send the wrong card it's just a quick taping of the return shipping label on the box and drop it off at the UPS store next time I get groceries.

Note that review about the 660 is from October of last year. So might get lucky.

Same bro, just picked one up.

Amazon prime here we come!

There are obviously some willing to take a chance because in a matter of minutes the quantity available has gone from 19 down to 9.

If you're on the fence, I'd suggest you jump in now.

Edit: make that 8.

I have a feeling those who ordered will be rewarded :)

Mainly because the person who received the wrong card submitted his review over a year ago and stated that 660 was stated somewhere in the order. I don't see any mentions of a 660 in the description or product page. The specs seem to line up with correctly with the model number for a 680.

I'm pretty sure Amazon has fixed the listing by now and notice the 2nd review which was fairly positive and most recent. I also did some research to see if Amazon was selling this particular model in another listing and found nothing. Therefore, I believe there is a high chance you will receive a 680.

In for 2. Oh and Amazon returns are fairly easy

Meh, in for a shot. If it's s a 660, I just tape it back up, select "not what I ordered," and send it back for free.

Jordan Spong said:
I like this card because it allows more intense gaming experiences and gives me the further skill to improve my dexterity.

LOL - worst video card review I've read in a while. But it! Improves dexterity!

I have a feeling those who ordered will be rewarded :)

Mainly because the person who received the wrong card submitted his review over a year ago and stated that 660 was stated somewhere in the order. I don't see any mentions of a 660 in the description or product page. The specs seem to line up with correctly with the model number for a 680.

I'm pretty sure Amazon has fixed the listing by now and notice the 2nd review which was fairly positive and most recent. I also did some research to see if Amazon was selling this particular model in another listing and found nothing. Therefore, I believe there is a high chance you will receive a 680.

In for 2. Oh and Amazon returns are fairly easy

You are correct Mr. Tran!

Anyone order 1-day shipping?

Sure will be interesting to see what gets delivered.

...and a big thumbs up to the OP, regardless of what gets delivered.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Your shipping speed:
Two-Day Shipping

Asus Graphic Cards GTX680-DC2-2GD5
Personal Computers
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
$196.29
Item Subtotal: $196.29
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total Before Tax: $196.29
Estimated Tax: $17.18
Order Total: $213.47

Anyone order 1-day shipping?

Sure will be interesting to see what gets delivered.

...and a big thumbs up to the OP, regardless of what gets delivered.

I did simply because it was $3.99 that I will get refunded if it's not a 680. Provided it ships, it should be here on Tuesday,

The two day option for me is Thursday. Isn't that Three days?

You're all getting 660s :p

The second review in the OP's link is hilarious, btw. Makes no sense.

Updated message on Product Page...and still showing it as a GTX680, btw.

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Edit: second updated message:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Edit: Just for grins, I found this review of the card.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/ASUS_GeForce_GTX_680

Last edited:
Will check back here on Tuesday with some good news hopefully :D

My ETA is Weds

I'll definitely report back.

There are like possible 3 outcomes here:
1) It was a price mistake and won't ship.
2) We'll get a 660 in the box
3) We actually get a 680 with a good cooler for $200

Unfortunately, the first 2 options are probably much more likely to occur, so I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet lol.

I saw this when Amazon e-mailed me a list of deals on graphics cards and this was on the list. Since it's through Amazon directly, I figured it's safe to return if it ends up being the wrong thing. I bit for one, so I'm hoping it works out too.

@Kueller problem is i doubt 660's ever went for north of four bills. i guess either way that chart makes no sense to me.

@Kueller problem is i doubt 660's ever went for north of four bills. i guess either way that chart makes no sense to me.
Which is why I say I'm hopeful that when it spiked in June, they actually got in some 680's and updated the listing.

While before, the $238 price may indeed have been for a 660, as the one reviewer complains about. If it was out of stock or deactivated after that incident, it stands to reason the price would have stayed at $238 in the 3camel chart, until the item listing was updated.

Edit:
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll be annoyed if it does ship that I didn't order two of them, 1 680 won't be much improvement over my OC'd 7950.

Lets just sit back and see what happens. First thing that has to happen is a tracking number then we can start speculating.

I thought about buying five and selling three to end up with a free SLI rig, but I don't game enough to make it worthwhile and I figured I'd share the wealth with other [H]'s.

I predict next week will see some new, UNHAPPY GTX 660 owners.

I predict next week will see some new, UNHAPPY GTX 660 owners.

I doubt anyone will become owners - I predict no loss... if that's the case my prediction is Amazon will be paying for quite a few return shipping labels. There's no risk really.

I doubt anyone will become owners - I predict no loss... if that's the case my prediction is Amazon will be paying for quite a few return shipping labels. There's no risk really.

oh, no doubt...

If I saw this today I would have jumped on it too. I already have one of these Asus 680 cards and it's a pure beast. It would have been difficult to flip the new one, but I'm not eating up 6 slots of case for videocards.

Would have bought 2, came late

Just wanted to improve my dexterity.....son of Trent

Status: Shipping Now Latest Event: Order Received - Jul 7, 2013 7:51:25 AM Description: We've started preparing your shipment for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has shipped. The length of time your shipment spends in this status does not impact your delivery date.

fingers crossed. :D

Wouldn't it be hard to SLI these cards unless you have a extra long bridge and at least 3 way sli motherboard.

Back