ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU Mini

Ooo this is neat, could make a great fit for some custom scratch build cube ideas :D

Wow! This is sick for really small rigs!

I wonder what the cost is. And I just bought a gtx 690.... OH WELL. LOL.

This would make most ITX cases look like they have tons of wasted space

Hmm, just one 8-pin power connector, vs the regular 6+6. Looks like this may be underclocked to deal with the smaller cooler?

Awesome! I just finished an ITX build and I wanted to do another one for myself. If this card performs well and similar to the standard 670, It will most likely be my next buy.

So, what cases would to utilize the short length of the card?
I reckon an SFX psu would be needed to run it.

Simply beautiful! I wonder how much it'll cost and how loud the fan is though (as well as temps of course).

this could actually be interesting for SLI on a M-ATX board, main card full length, 2nd card tiny, so they can both breath nicely.

----
--

Thats gonna fit nicely in baby towers like Q03 (with some modding). I would like that card in my system. Wonder how the fan works. If it pushes air down directly on the aluminium fins it should be better than blower thru the card length out the back?

woow. that is fantastic. In my country, a lot of people are making rig in itx cases!!

!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyy!!!

lol sorry. but GPU length is the 1 thing holding us back from some super tiny SFF builds at the moment.

this means you can fit a full size atx psu and big tower cooler in something the size of an SG05.

or SFX psu, small top-down cooler, in something even tinier!

I thought Zotac was working on one using 2 80mm fans from last year. I wonder what happened to it?

I thought Zotac was working on one using 2 80mm fans from last year. I wonder what happened to it?

It was released in asia, not over here. You can order them on Amazon.jp using a product forwarding service. That said, final cost is much more than a regular GTX 670 costs over here.

It was released in asia, not over here. You can order them on Amazon.jp using a product forwarding service. That said, final cost is much more than a regular GTX 670 costs over here.
Thing is, I live in southeast Asia and I've never seen it either. I assumed it was another prototype that never got released, given the lack of coverage of it in sites everywhere.

Yep, Q11 for sure.

Meh. I got a normal GTX 670 to fit in a Q11.

It was, however, a complete PITA to get in there. :( The "trick" (after cutting a bit of the case unnecessarily) was to take the bracket off the card, put bracket in place first, then angle the card in, seat it in slot, reattach bracket.

For another build I ended up with a short Zotac GTX 660 Ti. Close enough. :p

Thing is, I live in southeast Asia and I've never seen it either. I assumed it was another prototype that never got released, given the lack of coverage of it in sites everywhere.

Thats odd, I wouldnt have thought it was a Japan only release.

That's how I did mine, but another (potentially cheaper) option is putting the GTX 660 Zotac cooler (exactly the same as the twincooler with a different plastic shroud) on a reference short pcb 670.

Of course, this is all moot as the Asus card solves both in one shot ;)

It's been a while since I've read reviews on the 670, how does it hold up in 2560x1440 with high settings in recent games?

I'm tempted to try to fit one of these and a SFX PSU into this case. I'd probably have to remove the case on the SFX PSU, but it looks doable.

Since Tomb Raider was released do I need a new graphics card. This one would be perfect to replace my 5770HD in my tiny PC-Q02 :)

@Shaav
yea shaav that could be a solution for stronger GPU as present used
I was planing already replacement of my HD7770 with Gainward GeForce GTX 660, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (2777), EAN-Codes: 4260183362777, used from Lionidas in Q02 too.
Well let us know when realized from your side
regards vienna1

No word yet on production schedule and availability. I would really like to see this card in stock around mid-April timeframe.

New pic of this card:

8RHObZ5.jpg

From Sweclockers.

New pic of this card:

8RHObZ5.jpg

From Sweclockers.

Now all we need is a case to suit. Necere, you seem to be the number 1 case designer around here, what would be the smallest case possible that could take this card? I'm guessing something along the lines of an SG05, but around 60mm shorter.

Now all we need is a case to suit. Necere, you seem to be the number 1 case designer around here, what would be the smallest case possible that could take this card? I'm guessing something along the lines of an SG05, but around 60mm shorter.

I've got one (albeit, the Japanese Zotac version, but w/ 4GB of VRAM) in a Lian-Li PC-Q02 ;)

I've got one (albeit, the Japanese Zotac version, but w/ 4GB of VRAM) in a Lian-Li PC-Q02 ;)

Lian Li PC-Q02. I find the cooling method a bit impractical and the lack of expansion slots makes it a poor contender. If there were an intake fan on the front and expansion slots, it could be considered.

Lian Li PC-Q02. I find the cooling method a bit impractical and the lack of expansion slots makes it a poor contender. If there were an intake fan on the front and expansion slots, it could be considered.

Stock cases aren't [H] :D

If you're looking for the smallest stock case which will hold this GPU, might I suggest the [H]ard|Forum homegrown M3A2? :)

starting to ponder if 1 fan will = hotter, noisier version of the dcuII

Number one? Nah... I'm just one of many.

The smallest case possible could be quite small indeed. Of course, the smaller you go, the more sacrifices you have to make...

hahah :D

Q02 is the way to go with this thing. little Pocket Rocket!

or for something with minimal modding but a bit larger, an SG05 with atx psu + big air cooler

Why mod for an ATX PSU when even doing so would make most types of after market air coolers impossible to fit. Silverstone's SFX 450W PSU is more than adequate for a 670 and anything else you could jam into that case, abeit even with the loud fan. Just going off the top of my head, you could make a case based off the SG05 like I mentioned earlier, but it could be quite possible to go for a cube case by reducing the length and stuffing the ODD under the mobo. IIRC the width of the SG05 is 222mm, so a 222mm³ should be more than possible.

Back