Asus GTX 670 Direct CU Mini

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a new video card for your LAN box or HTPC? LanOC just reviewed the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU Mini and the reviewer seemed to really like it.

My last LAN build was easy to carry around while having (at the time) the second fastest GPU from Nvidia and a high end CPU. Of course because of my GPU I couldn’t go any smaller. Asus has a new GPU that is going to change that. Their new GTX 670 Direct CU Mini is the same length of a MiniITX motherboard. With that size, my LAN rig is going to need a complete rebuild.. To go smaller!

Would these SLI with a regular 670? Seems like that would be a good setup for airflow.

Yes, as long as they have the same amount of memory. A 670 2gb cannot SLI with a 670 4gb. http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/introduction-to-sli-technology-guide#4

Would these SLI with a regular 670? Seems like that would be a good setup for airflow.

From the article:

Although the GTX 670 DirectCU Mini is taller than a reference card, it does have the same two SLI bridge connections that you would find on a reference GTX 670. That means if you have two or three GTX 670 DirectCU Mini’s you could run them in SLI, but due to the unique design you couldn’t just mix them with a reference card.

It seems that there is a height difference, not sure how that would affect the flexible SLI connector, but for the hard connect boards used with tri-sli this could be a problem.

Interesting. I just returned an Asus DirectCU GTX 660 today because it was too big for my case. Ended up ordering a Zotac 660 which is about 3 inches shorter than the Asus. This GTX 670 looks nice, although a bit out of my budget for now.

Back