ASUS GPU Tweak III Utility Hits Beta For Overclocking Your GeForce RTX And Radeon RX Cards

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Now that the closed beta is complete, ASUS is now announcing that GPU Tweak III is going into open beta. They state that there may still be bugs, but the pros outweigh the cons with the new UI and features overall. If you want to pick up and try the new GPU Tweak III, you can do so here and weigh in on the discussion in the ASUS’ Discord."

1611003205582.png

https://hothardware.com/news/gpu-tweak-iii-going-into-open-beta

More limited on 6800XT then Wattman. No ability to extend overclocking limit, No min frequency, No FT setting.

I heard really bad things about ASUS GPU Tweak 2.. that it causes all kinds crashes and performance issues. Seen this reported many times on guru3d and some other places by many users. Seeing all those reports kind of turned me off of it. Besides MSI Afterburner works great so I never had a reason to try it myself but it's a good thing there are active alternatives.

Hopefully they hit the ballpark run this time.

My Strix 3090 is coming this week. I wonder if Afterburner or this is better for it?

My Strix 3090 is coming this week. I wonder if Afterburner or this is better for it?
This is beta still, and with GPU Tweak 2's reputation, I would use Afterburner at least until it is out of beta and/or you hear good things about it first. Sounds like headaches waiting to happen otherwise.

Congrats by the way!

This is beta still, and with GPU Tweak 2's reputation, I would use Afterburner at least until it is out of beta and/or you hear good things about it first. Sounds like headaches waiting to happen otherwise.

Congrats by the way!

Thanks. I have recently tried Afterburner and it does not allow me to increase the power limit of my MSI 3060 ti. I think the card BIOS does not support power limit increase but then I also wonder if it will behave the same with the Strix. Not a big deal. I have not used Afterburner in the past, always used EVGA cards and the Precision tool.

Back