Asus GPU Tweak II is not loading my profile

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I hate seeing this software load up daily as part of the TSR start up

but I have to monitor the speed of this software setting per day during boot up. For the past no. of mth., it boots up fine w/ the GPU speed that I want. But in the past 1 wk., it defaults to some default profile of a higher speed that I don't want. Further, it is at the wrong fan speed , (set to turn on at 60 deg. C only)

Have anyone got this problem? if so, do you just uninstall the whole software assuming the profile corrupts? as I already creates a new profile (User2). No change.

Ive always used MSI afterburner for all my cards. Never had an issue with my cards not running at what I set them at.

my motherboard is Asus, so I have to stick w/ their video card, so in case 1 fail, I can call them for technical support and they can't blame it on the video card

my motherboard is Asus, so I have to stick w/ their video card, so in case 1 fail, I can call them for technical support and they can't blame it on the video card
MSI afterburner works on cards of all brands, and you do not have to use an Asus card because you have an Asus mobo, my Asus card works just fine in my MSI motherboard.

Afterburner works fine with a lot of different brands. Been using it for more than a decade with Asus all the way to Zotac

However there is a GPU tweak III, have you tried that

no, how long have you been using it? any serious bugs? how do you find it compares to ver. II?

alright, I'll download it, I hope it doesn't get worse than Ver II
afterburner is better. i have an asus 980ti and back then when you use to read reviews of all 900 series cards were suppose to be able to hit 1.212v without having to do a volt mod and the only thing my asus card would do was 1.20v in gpu tweak no matter what i set it at.

i then started back messing with afterburner and in the settings if you go down to "unlock voltage control" check that and then change it to "extended msi" it would finally let my asus card hit 1.212v which helped me get a little extra mhz on my overclock.

i had a couple asus cards before that too and gpu tweak was always finnicky, sometimes it would do weird stuff after driver updates and you'd have to wait for an update for gpu tweak to get things back to normal and then sometimes they would change stuff. afterburner's really the best and i've been using the same version for prob 4 years now through multiple driver updates and never had a problem.

just download it, it's fancy looking, I'll give it a try. The problem I have w/ GPU Tweak II is that I want the video card to under clock to as low as possible, so the video card last longer, as I don't have any PC games at the moment. And somehow GPU Tweak mysteriously increase my speed back some weeks / months later. So I have load up the software at the startup, to check the speed daily. Supposedly, once I set the speed, it should stay at that speed forever

Back