Asus GL502VM GTX 1060 M2 - Help

I just picked up the GL502VM, GTX 1060, with 1TB SSD and purchased an Intel 600p 512GB M2 to use as the system drive. Can anyone walk me through how to install Windows 10 on the M2 as the system drive? I tried to create a recovery drive from the Recovery control panel, removing the 1TB ssd and booting from the USB with the M2 installed but this didn't work.

Do I need to change any settings in the BIOS to boot from the M2? And do I need to re-install Windows 10 using a different method? Should I activate the current Windows 10 install before trying to re-install on the M2?

Thanks!

I created a win 10 install disc (usb), removed the hdd, installed the m2 SSD and booted to the USB stick.

Fresh install to the new m2. I grabbed the newest device drivers from the asus site.

If it doesn't work, you can always put the hdd back in and start again.

Once you're 100% happy and up and running, you can erase the hdd and reinstall for storage or whatever. I left mine out, but put the little cage back in. Felt more solid on that corner.

Last edited:
I created a win 10 install disc (usb), removed the hdd, installed the m2 SSD and booted to the USB stick.

Awesome, that worked thanks. Do you notice that your space key is difficult to hit/requires more pressure than normal? I am wondering if I got a faulty key.

Back