Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock?

tzhu07

Gawd
Well, it looks like the PCIe slot on my Asrock died, and it's out of warranty.

Which of the three big brands do you guys prefer? They all seem to have 3-year warranties. Are they all prone to the same failure rate?

I'm generally partial to Asus across the board, especially for the high-end ROG and TUF lines. Gigabyte also makes some quality boards and I consider their "numbered" lines to be about the same as Asus "numbered" lines; both high quality for the price. I've not had a good experience with Asrock and feel they're considerably lower tier than others, but granted my personal experience with them is more than 5 years out of date. I'd also consider looking into MSI - I've heard that their OC series and Gaming series today are worthy competitors for ASUS and company. They used to be solidly mid-tier, but I've heard they've really improved, so its likely worth a shot.

For my money, Asus hasn't let me down. Their boards have lasted for quite a long time, have a lot of features for the money and their high end has consistently reigned supreme amongst enthusiasts. The only downside I've heard is that their RMA process and customer service can be troublesome in that it takes a long time, but the results seem to be good; this is not my personal experience, as I've not needed to RMA a motherboard recently, but just what I've heard. However, this is also supposed to be the case with Gigabyte, MSI and other manufacturers

I am most confident recommending Asus thanks to my personal experience, but check into MSI and Gigabyte at least (or even AsRock), and see what others have to say about their products.

I've had good luck with all three. Went from AMD Gigabyte to Asus intel and an ASRock FX ITX, I really do like ASRock's newest BIOS. I think it's just a crapshoot when you get a bad one from anyone.

yea you could pick either of those brands and be pretty sure your getting a good quality board. ive found asrock boards to have more features for the price, though i know asus caters to the high end market. I bought a gigabyte z87ud4h board and that thing just feels solid.

All Are good manufacturers. find the one that has the features and cost that you prefer.

All 3 are fine brands, just depends on which board you get from them and how much you are wanting to pay.

Back