ASUS GeForce GTX 950 Graphics Card, Dual-Fan Cooling - $99.99 AR ($30) - Frys.com

Gonna get a couple of these for work. We have some software that can utilize CUDA for a couple of our printers, and not having to upgrade the PSU's on our Dells will make my boss happy. Nice deal, thanks.

Good deal for the few of us who actually have a Frys nearby. Not so for the vast majority ...

Good deal for the few of us who actually have a Frys nearby. Not so for the vast majority ...
Um it is not an in store only deal and has free shipping. Maybe next time look at the actual link before commenting. ;)

Um it is not an in store only deal and has free shipping. Maybe next time look at the actual link before commenting. ;)

Thanks. I did not include that in the original post and will add it. Also this deal runs thru 5/28 it seems.

"Limit 2 per Household. (when purchased between 05/22/2016 and 05/28/2016)"

I'm sorry, but when I read the link I thought it specifically stated that it was In-store only ... Oh wait, that's exactly what it says: " Available for in-store pickup only". The nearest store for PU is about 7 hours driving.

If wrong I apologize and will gladly purchase as many as two of these ... But Frys has never been kind to me.

Please prove me wrong ...

Thanks. I did not include that in the original post and will add it. Also this deal runs thru 5/28 it seems.

"Limit 2 per Household. (when purchased between 05/22/2016 and 05/28/2016)"

OP, please see my post above. Where is the free shipping? My only option is in-store pickup.

OP, please see my post above. Where is the free shipping? My only option is in-store pickup.
Oh, I see what is happening I had other items in my order so it would allow me to ship those but not the card. Sorry for the mix up. Will update to in-store only.

I'm sorry, but when I read the link I thought it specifically stated that it was In-store only ... Oh wait, that's exactly what it says: " Available for in-store pickup only". The nearest store for PU is about 7 hours driving.

If wrong I apologize and will gladly purchase as many as two of these ... But Frys has never been kind to me.

Please prove me wrong ...
AGAIN when I followed the link it said free shipping plain as day.

shippingInfo2.png

In Stock
Ships Same Business Day
status_info.jpg

Free Shipping

But yes it will NOT let you ship it when its in your cart so you are right....

AGAIN when I followed the link it said free shipping plain as day.

But yes it will NOT let you ship it when its in your cart so you are right....

In this specific case it really sucks to be right! I wish I had been proven wrong. Fry's and Microcenter deals are mirages for the vast majority of us who have no access to a B&M store. Each chain is VERY small with less than 30 stores each. After this "deal" I just decided to unsubscribe from their emails since I may never be able to take advantage of their deals ... why should I put myself through the aggravation?

I believe the issue from that last few posts is a common one with Frys. I have tried a few times before to order something I found in their daily newsletter that did say in store and shipping. Try to checkout and it wouldn't work, it loops back around. This is considered bait&switch / fraud by many out there. Frys will say it's a mistake, sorry, blah blah and that's it. I don't live anywhere near one so it pisses me off when they do this.

I just looked at today's ad. Some are in-store and online. Some are in-store only. With so many items, it's probably quite easy to make a mistake. No reason to assume they're doing it intentionally. If you aren't able to buy something, you couldn't send them money so that makes no sense.

I just looked at today's ad. Some are in-store and online. Some are in-store only. With so many items, it's probably quite easy to make a mistake. No reason to assume they're doing it intentionally. If you aren't able to buy something, you couldn't send them money so that makes no sense.

Of course they are doing this intentionally, but not for hurtful purposes. They are a for-profit corporation. They advertise these good/great deals as loss-leaders to attract foot traffic to their stores. Unfortunately, most of their (potential) customers are not local to their B&M stores so both Fry's and the customer lose out. I have missed out on many, many of these deals over the years because Fry's (and MC) have no local presence in my market.

Wait and see what is in their BF ads ...

This is a known issue if you read the Frys threads at Slickdeals. If you want to order online and have an item shipped you have to be on the ball and order early. Sometimes the shipping option only lasts an hour or so and then it's switched to in store only.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I was not denying Fry's is a loss leader. I am just doubtful that they purposefully advertise items as available in-store and for shipping when they are not truly available for shipping. If you have proof of that, I would enjoy reading it. None of the articles you posted above deal with that.

Im gonna go to Frys today and grab one as a backup card, then Port Brewing Co / The Lost Abbey on the way back for some Belgian style brews and IPA's.

I picked one up yesterday. It's one of the newer, lower-power cards that doesn't require an extra power connection.

Back