ASUS G1S-B2 or Gateway® P-171S FX

How heavy does a 9lb laptop feel?

I should just go get a feel for one first I guess.

I have the G1S-B2 and love it. The better GPU in the Gateway would be better if your just getting it for portable gaming. Mine has completely replaced my outdated desktop for gaming. 9 lbs is about the same as a gallon of milk considering water weighs 8 lbs per gal. Search my posts to find info I posted about the Asus though.

I have a P6831FX and I love it. Get the gateway, you can't upgrade the GPU on laptops while everything else is upgradable. I can play Crysis on high at 1024x768 and it looks great connected to my Plasma via HDMI.

Quality-wise the ASUS would be superior, but if you want to run a lot of current and future games then the Gateway would be a much better choice due to the far superior GPU.

How heavy does a 9lb laptop feel?

I should just go get a feel for one first I guess.

It feels like 9lbs.

Don't know how else to describe it, sorry. But I have the 6831-FX and love it. Plays all new games on high. The LCD screen isn't the greatest though, I am trying to find out if it's upgradeable. However, I connect to my 24" BenQ LCD so it's not much of an issue.

Its 9lbs without the adapter lol.

I have it and it still feels decent because its so thin and spread out, not bulky like a Vostro.

Back