Asus FX533VD is running very slow!

fAlharthy

n00b
Hi there, as mentioned in the title, my laptop is very slow especially while gaming, idk what's wrong with it? i ran BF V and it even didn't let me to join the game because of lagging, sometimes when i run the task manager, the disk appears 100% and the memory about 85 - 95 %.
I'm gonna buy a new parts, so I'm asking you what is it causing this slowness ?

another thing is that there's something wrong with the voice, idk what to call it, but it seldom happens, it's like stuttering, for example : when there's a voice starts with the word "Mention", the voice will become like this "MMMMMMention", sometimes happens when there're explosions or when there's no voice for a long time then suddenly starts, watch the video :

idk what's the problem, I've gave up.
Spec :
CPU : Intel Core i7-7700HQ ( 2.8 GHz )
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
HDD : HGST Travelstar 5K1000 2.5" 1TB
RAM : 8GB SODIMM DDR4

Note : I've played BF 5 on LOW graphics and i couldn't even move because of lagging, also I've tried to play GTA V and it was lagging too much also I've played GTA:SA and it was just perfect.
I've scanned my laptop from viruses and malwares also i've updated all the drivers.

Thank you.

I would upgrade to a SSD and make sure you are running 2 sticks of memory for dual channel. Extra memory will help you from hitting the page file on a spinner HDD which might be causing your stutter.

Well, thank you for your response but I've 2 questions, I already have 1TB HDD, should i buy SSD M.2 250GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS and install it alongside my HDD? the second question is should i get a RAM from the same (brand) manufacture or just any 8GB DDR4 as mine?

Last edited:
Do you have a m.2 slot available? I don't know about that particular laptop. If it is available, does it take NVMe or SATA drives?

I would generally look for a matching stick of RAM. At the very least, something with the same speeds and timings.

I'm not sure about what it takes because there're no informations about it, I've Googled and found that it takes both but someone says NMVe will harm the motherboard, then Googled more and found Crucial (crucial.com) says it's compatible, I'll contact the customer service of Asus and figure out.

about the RAM idk what's the brand of mine because there's no information about it, all i know is that it's 8GB DDR4.

Edit#
I've found what's the brand of my RAM it's Samsung M471A1K43CB1-CRC 1x8GB (2400 MHz).

Last edited:
Just type that part number into ebay. If they only put one stick in, there should be a secondary slot available (double check, but it looks like it does from Asus' website). I'd probably keep the drive you have already and then just get an NVMe drive. Install Windows onto the NVMe drive and keep the other for storage or something.

I've seen videos for upgrading SSDs and RAMs for FX533vd, and yeah there're 2 slots. It seems my laptop supports NMVe but I'll wait for Asus customer service's response. Anyway, i want to be sure that these are the issues and my laptop will work perfectly, i don't want to lose money for nothing while i can get more money to get a new gaming PC.

Back