ASUS Dual Series GeForce GTX Giveaway @ [H]ardOCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
ASUS Dual Series GeForce GTX Giveaway

ASUS-2017-Giveaway-Dual_Series-Banner-v1-640x200 (2).jpg

First Prize: 1ea - ASUS GeForce® GTX 1070 8GB Dual-fan OC Edition & Dawn of War III

ASUS Dual series of GeForce® GTX 1070 comes equipped with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for max air flow with 105% more air pressure. While exclusive Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II components for superior stability. GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming. ASUS Dual series of GeForce® GTX 1070 is perfectly matched with your ASUS Prime Z270-A motherboard!

Second Prize: 1ea - ASUS GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual-fan OC Edition & Everspace Early Access Code

ASUS Dual series of GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti comes equipped with dual fan design for 2X greater air flow. While exclusive Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II components for superior stability. GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time streaming. It provides best experience in games such as Overwatch, Dota 2, CS Go and League of Legend.

To Enter: Post only once in this thread with a picture(s) of your current desktop PC build (You can drag and drop pictures into the editor, you do not need to link those in!) and tell us what games you are most excited to play with a new video card! HardOCP will pick 5 to 7 posts just because we like those the best, and then we will turn those picks over to ASUS for it to decide the first and second prize winners. So yes, your post content does matter!

Entries and Shipping are limited to USA and Canada (excluding Quebec). Winners will be contacted via PM here on our forums and have 48 hours to claim the prize. Entry time for this giveaway will run through May 5th.

Last edited:
Current build I'm using right now:

*Asus sabertooth z77
*Intel core i7 3770k
*Corsair vengeance 1600mhz 4x4 GBRAM
*gigabyte r9 280x windforce
*cooler master silent pro m2 620W
*western digital blue 1tb
*corsair 256gb SSD

All inside a recycled corsair C70 case.

As everyone can see this current build offer less than adequate gaming performance at 1080P which its the used resolution.. so I'd like to play basically most modern titles which are limited by the GPU power and VRAM capacity, would love to play some watch dogs 2, resident evil 7, the division, deus ex Mankind divided, fallout 4, the witcher 3, rise of the tomb raider, basically restrictive titles to play with this card so I would be excited to really play those titles with a new and powerful GPU.. but more important is mass effect Andromeda.

Some pics i've just took with my phone so sorry for not so great image quality,also basement lights doesn't help a lot..

20170426_150537.jpg

20170426_150642.jpg

20170426_150619.jpg

Last edited:
Could use a new GPU for my wife's computer. I plan to drag her into Destiny 2 and the current integrated graphics just won't cut it!

Looking to finally play Metal Gear Solid V once I get my new build squared away. Right now I'm playing the old Starcraft compaigns since I got it for free this week :D.

• My baby, 7700k, 16gig of G.Skill 3600 @ 4200, RGB of course. RX480 rockin' 8gb GDDR5X. Love this rig. Could always use another video card to play, say, Prey or possibly something prettier. Dawn of War III looks amazing, and I can't wait for another Alien: Isolation title to pop up, which seems like it might. Consider this me entry.

Attachments

• hardocpEntry.jpg
    hardocpEntry.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 66
I plan to run Folding at Home, not a game but still a good cause! But if i gotta pick a game its Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Need graphic crunching power to run two sessions of world of tanks and kill myself for easy exp.(grinding exp sucks)

Looking forward to building a mini-pc this summer (most likely a ryzen build) will be primarily driving a 1440p monitor. I'm looking to get back into gaming playing FPS games (there are bunch of them that I've not yet touched) since I've not been playing for about three-four years. Looking forward to also utilize the CUDA capabilities for some CAD / Development workflow I have planned down the road.

Thanks to Kyle / Asus for this giveaway.

*I don't have a current PC build, beside a chromebook which is already driving me nuts*

I'd love to play the new Doom and looking forward to playing the upcoming Middle Earth: Shadow of War on my new Asus GPU paired with my Asus Z77 Gene V!!! I'll be checking for my winner notification on my Asus laptop, then call my wife to tell her the good news on her Asus ZenFone 3 Laser!

[H]ard|OCP...where else can anyone find solace? NOWHERE

Mass Effect Andromeda, Far Cry Primal

Still in the process of building the PC so no pics!!
This contest couldn't have come at a better time.

It's going to look like I'm sucking up, but I really like Asus products so I tend to use them a lot.

First is my main workstation/gaming rig with its i7 3930k, 64GB 1866 Ram, GTX 980ti Strix OC and Xonar D2 nestled on the X79 Sabertooth. With the 1050ti in the third slot, I can add more monitors for more productivity because I can then watch movies or shows stutter free while the big GPU is working away.

PNF39Lp.jpg

Second is my main HTPC, which I have been waiting on a good 1070/1080 sale to make it a big screen gamer, too. [email protected] w/AVX, 16GB 3400C16 TridentZ, in the incredibly stable Maximus IX Hero.

8FWrhTf.jpg

Looking forward to Witcher 3, Deus Ex and even the Crysis series on the big 55" 4k! Maybe even Mass Effect once it's been patched up properly.

Play and development - Stalker:CoC. Play - Far Cry, Just Cause2. This would hold me until Volta. Maybe even try some 4k on the new TV. Even If I had a way to take digital photo's my 20 year old tower's not built to wow the audience.

Can't wait to finally play RE7, as well as Outlast 2 and Friday the 13th. Hoping to get a VIVE sometime soon too.

Help me Asus Won Kenobi! You're my only hope! I want to get in on some VR gaming, but that heat box 390X just isn't going to cut it.

IMG_20170426_170502.jpg

Looking forward to Dawn of War III & Smite, and maybe even another play through of NieR: Automata.

Current Build: Ryzen 1700 OC 3.8, Asus B350 Prime Plus MB, 16GB 2x8 Corsair DDR4-3000 @ 2933, 8G Radeon RX 480, Auzentech X-Meridian PCI, 256G SATA SSD, 2x 320G WD Velociraptor (RAID 0), Lite-ON BluRay Recorder
WP_20170316_15_54_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20170316_15_54_55_Pro.jpg

Would love to play a handful of games in the backlog including...

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Nier Automata
Dishonored 2
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

and lots more.

Hello all.
I am an avid gamer. I would love a second Video Card.
Here is my current build.
20170426_143855[1].jpg
20170426_143749[1].jpg
20170426_143922[1].jpg

Specs are as follows.
Intel 4790K
MSI Gaming 5 MOBO X97
Phantex Enthoo Luxe Case
Noctua NH-D15 Dual fan in push-pull Config
1 X 960 EVO 500GIG with ASUS Hyper X Card
1 X 850 EVO 500 GIG
1 X 850 EVO 250 GIG
1 X Western Digital 2 TERABYTE Storage Drive
1 X EVGA 1080 GTX
1 X EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply
1 X Samsung 4K Monitor
Logitech G105 KB
Logitech G502 Mouse
Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

Last edited:
I'm using a very old PC I built pre divorce a few years ago. I had left this one at my dad's house so I was able to get it going again;

8cREGPG.jpg

It's a core 2 quad OC'ed to 2.6ghz, on an Asus p45, with 4gb of ddr2, a 4tb Western digital hdd, and I picked up a used gtx 770 4gb model graphics card so I can game with it. I mostly run world of tanks and Skyrim. Still in the process of putting my life back together. But hey on the bright side I pay all my child support :D

With the new card I'd love to get GTA 5 and Witcher 3 and see what they are like. Or MA:E. I haven't really been able to keep up with my old old hobby of [H]ocing for a few years now :/. Yeah this is a new account here, relativity, but I remember posting here on my first OC ever. An old AMD Thunderbird I penciled when I was a teenager. Back when Steve was new and Kyle just getting his groove on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: T4rd
like this
My current desktop

Looking to play Warhammer dawn of war III and the new COD WW2 game!

Thanks
[/URL]

My main experimental/test rig. Build from the ground up almost entirly custom. it was used for thease builds so far.
https://hardforum.com/threads/smart-thermo-electric-cooling-system-finished.1917470/ - thermoelecric plate controled by arduino to keep temps at ambeint :)
https://hardforum.com/threads/direct-die-water-cooling.1926500/#post-1042859607 - deliding a xeon covering the caps in epoxy and running water directly over the core :p (cheack this out if you havent seen it its pretty cool)

watercooling using-
1/2 inch pond irrigation pump (alitle loud)
heater core from 2005 minivan
120mm fan from r900 ( >2A sounds like a jet engine)
80mm fan from r900 (>1A loudness ^^^)
a 140mm nzxt fan (dosnt do shit for the airflow but looks cool. all the air moves because ^^^ beat the air to make it crawl through the "radiator" in fear)

specs are as follows-
case built out of acrilic and foamed pvc
xeon l5520 (for the direct die watercooling build)
i5 2500k @ 5ghz (when using it as a thermoelectric rig)
Asus p6t v2 delux (direct die)
Asus P8Z68-V (thermoelectric)
r9 290 with waterblock (pretty toasty even under a wb :( )
sun f40 pcie ssd (A pita to setup but runs well)
8 gigs of ram ( :( )
3X 560W supermicro server psu's (1680W total! in a tiny case!)(with custom sleaved cables :p)

I would love to switch from the ridiculously hot 290 to somthing that fits the thermal envolope abit better so i have more room to cool the cpu :p

Looking to go back to killing dinos in ark as my sig rig currently has a 750ti in it :(

and the lovely pics- (Pics courtesy of the sexy asus zenfone 2 :D)

http://imgur.com/a/x1rs7
https://thumb.************/gZ6nvk/cug2eRX.jpg https://thumb.************/dwVEak/i6ke8Yw.jpg https://thumb.************/dtekgQ/iAqVynW.jpg https://thumb.************/nQBbo5/luWEnoDr.jpg https://thumb.************/gGRbo5/MI6pIoO.jpg https://thumb.************/fdffFk/toJzaJL.jpg https://thumb.************/nES5gQ/V4Wz6OX.jpg https://thumb.************/j36bo5/VHa81XO.jpg https://thumb.************/fChKak/P_20170305_134642.jpg

and as quoted from some of our members :p
Bees "[H]ard Mod of the month nominee."
michalrz "This is one of the best things I have ever seen.

You are a great hero."
Ocellaris "What's wrong with your fingernail in the 5th pic?!?" (on the thermoelectric build)
Chapeau "Wow... looks good and kudos for the balls out mod. Not easy to make it all look neat."
SpeedyVV "Finally a really [H]ardCore mod!!!

Makes me feel like a pussy (cat)."
Ultima99 "Damn. This is [H] af."
oldmanbal "Holy Shirt you are one step away from harnessing your cpu to create fusion type power off the steam."
Zarathustra[H] "That is absolutely badass."

Last edited:
Be pretty cool to win this one, would be my first card from team green since an MX460... And i'll be logging a ton of hours in Destiny 2, but until then some Borderlands 2 and Battlefield's with friends, and a bit of My Summer Car :)

Also just upgraded to a 1440p monitor, so some extra horsepower would be very nice :D

IMG_20170426_191313.jpg pc.png

IMG_20170426_194823203_zpsskj1qapo.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

I could really use this card as I am down to a Radeon R9 270 which isn't as good for newer games as I would like. 2GB of VRAM doesn't really go as far as she used to. I had to run the Dishonered 2 demo on low to get 60 FPS minimum, low damn it. That's no way for a [H]ard man to live. I've got a 144hz monitor who is becoming ashamed to be with me. With this new GPU I could keep my monitor from running off and get to play such games as Fallout 4, Dishonered 2, DOOM and Far Cry 4 the way they were meant to be played.

My graphical future is in your hands Gentlemen.

My current build in splendid glory. Voted 10 out of 10 in MyApartment Weekly three years running.

Critics raved the cable management is "[...]tops[...]" and "[...][best] I've ever seen![...]".

The crazy cat lady gave it six cats up and yelled "argh garh blarh gargah!".

Clearly nothing but win, and the crown jewel would be a 1070 or 1050 GTX video card to replace the battle worn 950.

This would open up better performance on games like Elite Dangerous, possibly Batman VR, and of course the ever taxing Shenzhen I/O.

yqGt32h.jpg

I look forward to playing Dawn of War 3 as well as the games I currently have, like Battlefield 1, Overwatch, Diablo 3, GTA5
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG

Looking forward to playing Overwatch, Player Unknown, and Doom.

Also, yes that's a dead brand new PowerColor RX480 Red Devil on the desk...
GQzBycS.jpg

Rig itself
grgL6Mb.jpg

Rig Specs
CoolerMaster Haf XM
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7
Ryzen 1700X @4.1ghz (Corsair H115i)
AMD R9 270x
16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (running at 2933)
Plextor M8Pe 512gb M.2
Crucial MX500 512gb SSD (Photoshop/editing/whatever swap drive)
EVGA Nex 850

my-rig.jpg

This is my current rig:

• AMD FX-8320 OC'D at 4.1GHz
  • 8GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 at 1866MHz (I really need to upgrade)
  • Asus Radeon R9 280 DCUII Top
  • 500GB Samsung 850 SSD

I can't wait to play Prey and The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind!

Current rig:
fx 8350 at stock
16gb of mixed avexir ram (4x4)
xfx r9 380x
2x1tb wd blues
Deepcool Tesseract SW
750w evga g2

Can't wait for that new COD WWII and Prey

Attachments

• 18175950_1266446116744095_1400441430_o.jpg
    18175950_1266446116744095_1400441430_o.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 60
Here is my system that is in the 1366 club. The core of this system was built in 2009 and the original i7-920 was replaced with a Xeon x5650 to give the system some life and moar cores. The current card in there is a reference ASUS R9 290 under an EK all copper block. The components were put into the new Phanteks case to give it a refresh since I just couldn't see myself upgrading because this setup still hold its own for being almost a decade old.

With that said, the games that I look forward to playing the most with the new video card would be finishing up The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 with more details cranked up, as well as Overwatch @ 144fps without having to put everything on low settings =). This would be especially a nice upgrade for me since I have just recently picked up a 144 hz monitor and the R9 290 is showing its age.

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back