Asus Dual RX 5600XT $310 - $30MIR In Stock

imo, 5600XT should be < $250 to be a deal.

I understand cards are hard to find in stock, but $310+tax - 30 rebate is far from a deal.
I bought a MSI 5600XT about 2 months ago for $250+tax - $20 rebate.

5600XT is ~6 months EOL (my opinion), so rebates should keep prices < $250.

https://www.newegg.com/asus-radeon-rx-5600-xt-dual-rx5600xt-t6g-evo/p/N82E16814126428

Not a bad price in the current landscape and it's in stock even though google search says it isn't. Got it with quadpay ($83x4 over six weeks).
I think its a solid card and $280 is a good price.

These are direct competition for RTX 2060. 5600xt do not have ray tracing. However, they are also a lot lower cost than most 2060, even before the price gouging. Even the EVGA special partner offering for the 2060 KO at $300, is still $20 more expensive. And the viability of RTX on a 2060 is arguable, anyway. I know, because I have one.

Additionally, the next gen replacements for these cards are still 2+ months away from "releasing". But who knows when you can actually, easily buy one. If you need a decent card now, 5600xt is a good option.

Last edited:
imo, 5600XT should be < $250 to be a deal.

I understand cards are hard to find in stock, but $310+tax - 30 rebate is far from a deal.
I bought a MSI 5600XT about 2 months ago for $250+tax - $20 rebate.

5600XT is ~6 months EOL (my opinion), so rebates should keep prices < $250.
Well all cards are plus tax when new. Also I bought a nitro+ 5700xt for $300 about two months ago. A lot has changed. As someone who spent the last week looking everyday all day, this is the only decent card in stock at it's normal MSRP, and as a bonus has a $30 rebate.

Also, these have gained considerable performance in driver updates since they launched. Performance is pretty far ahead of 2060 now, close to 2060S/2070, and between a 1080 and 1080TI.

Well all cards are plus tax when new. Also I bought a nitro+ 5700xt for $300 about two months ago. A lot has changed. As someone who spent the last week looking everyday all day, this is the only decent card in stock at it's normal MSRP, and as a bonus has a $30 rebate.

Also, these have gained considerable performance in driver updates since they launched. Performance is pretty far ahead of 2060 now, close to 2060S/2070, and between a 1080 and 1080TI.
I haven't seen reviews showing that much extra performance. Care to link one?

Not really reviews but there are videos like this on YouTube. Just look for ones that were done in the last couple of months, and generally the performance difference compared to the 2060 has expanded.

That's something I've seen a pattern of. Radeon cards seem to get more performance over time with driver updates. I think that's more to do with Nvidia being better at drivers and getting more performance sooner.

Once I get the 5600 XT in, I also have a 2060 and a 1080 TI, it can do some testing across them with newest drivers to see how much it's changed.

Not really reviews but there are videos like this on YouTube. Just look for ones that were done in the last couple of months, and generally the performance difference compared to the 2060 has expanded.

That's something I've seen a pattern of. Radeon cards seem to get more performance over time with driver updates. I think that's more to do with Nvidia being better at drivers and getting more performance sooner.

Once I get the 5600 XT in, I also have a 2060 and a 1080 TI, it can do some testing across them with newest drivers to see how much it's changed.

I would have to see some other games. AC: Valhalla generally favors AMD cards. The new Navi 2 cards show an even larger relative gap.

This one is a little older though, pretty mixed but overall 2060 - 5600xt - 2060S

This one is a little older though, pretty mixed but overall 2060 - 5600xt - 2060S

Yeah that video is more inline with things. The 5600xt more or less matches the 2060 in most games. Certain games which favor Nvidia, it clearly loses. Certain games which favor AMD, it clearly wins. It never matches the 2060 super, unless its a game which clearly favors AMD.

There also appears to be some unexplained variance. As Techpowerup's review from the same month, doesn't show the same general lead for the 5600xt, in Hitman 2:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-5600-xt-tuf-evo/16.html

Regardless, the 5600xt is a solid card at a good price.

Eye candy wise they are identical in performance.

Newegg seems to have a few 5600xt/5700xt coming into stock here and there but usually only for a few minutes. I grabbed Gigabyte gaming OC 5600xt the other day for $290 (with a discount code I had) but I never would have bought if my current card hadn't died on me. It took me about 12 hours and a couple of missed tries where I got the "this item is no longer available" message at some point during checkout, I also skipped a couple models I didn't like.

The only Nvidia cards I could find available were 1650/1660 at about the same price or polaris cards starting at about $200 for anything halfway decent. Keep in mind there's a noticeable difference in performance for the 5600xt that are clocked at 1640Mhz and the ones clocked at 1750Mhz, most lower clocked models also usually have slower memory.

You can see it in the latest HWUB/techspot graphs. The 5700xt is roughly equivalent to the 2070 super/1080ti now, whereas previously there was a 5-10% performance deficit. Could be newer games in TechSpot's suite favor AMD more, Navi drivers are now mature, or nvidia isn't optimizing for turing for new games as much (least likely imo). I've seen a few other sites where this was the case as well.

1607233779245.png
Sauce:
https://www.techspot.com/review/2155-geforce-rtx-3060-ti/

Last edited:
You can see it in the latest HWUB/techspot graphs. The 5700xt is roughly equivalent to the 2070 super/1080ti now, whereas previously there was a 5-10% performance deficit. Could be newer games in TechSpot's suite favor AMD more, Navi drivers are now mature, or nvidia isn't optimizing for turing for new games as much (least likely imo). I've seen a few other sites where this was the case as well.

View attachment 306131
Sauce:
This thread is about the 5600XT.

Also, the 5700XT has been competitive with the 2070 super for a year or more. In fact, if the 5700XT wasn't that good at launch, it was only 1-2 months after release, that AMD increased the performance. thefpsreview (ex-hardocp reviewers) talk about the performance of the reference 5700xt at the end of this review in the "gaming performance" part of the page, back in September 2019:

XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II Ultra Video Card Review - Page 15 of 15 - (thefpsreview.com)

I noticed that gpu prices have climbed even on a new RX 570 4Gb cards and has push the cards over there MSRP as your 2060 KO is way above the RX 5700 MSRP of $359 that flash's to XT bios and with - in 5% of the RX 5700XT .. Compared to July 2019 noting is priced correct vs performance offered .

Asus demands a premium for most of their cards (compared to competitors) anyway. But if I saw it I would probably snag a $250 5600xt too. lol

View attachment 306131
Sauce:
The 1% frame rate of the 5600xt has always impressed me, it is considerably higher than 1080 ti in most benchmarks

Review sites that don't test against 1080p resolution are doing their readers a huge disservice. Not only is the above 1080p segment small (steam hardware pic below) there is this looming AI process that is going to change everything related to resoution; DLSS and whatever AMDs implementation of it. Plus I don't visually play through pixels, I play through frame rate; visual vs tactile. A 99% frame rate at 60 is ok with me on some single player games but anything below 90 FPS @ 99% on a shooter (co-op or versus) is not acceptable for me. To achieve this at 1440p and above is still hard and pricey to achieve.

1609175019135.png

Last edited:
Back