Asus customer service is #1 ( out of a possible 10)

luihed

Limp Gawd
or #1 using my middle finger.....

I called Asus tech support today concerning the missing Vcore option in my Commando. My commando vcore from 1.63v to 1.75v cannot be accessed due to vdroop and doing the vdroop mod doesnt help cos it makes 1.7v to 1.82v not accessible. I think I have a reason to contact them about my issues wouldnt you think?

The first person I talked to was about the rudest person that works for technical support, since he cannot help me, he transfered me to 2nd level tech support. The 2nd person was no better than the fisrt guy I talked to, he asked me what the problem was and I told him to which he said he cannot help me cos overclocking is not what they support. I told him my problem is that they advertise the board to have vcore options to 1.85v and I expected the board to have it. In the middle of my sentence, he rudely said " can I help you with something else?", I said yes. let me finish what Im saying and maybe you can help. So I calmly said that if the advertising says... the guy cut me off again and said " can I help you with something else" lol..... He then said that any feature in the motherboard that has to do with overclocking will not supported by Asus....

So having gone through the worst tech support in the whole computer industry, I find myself SOL with a board that I paid extra dollars for its overclocking features. Its is sad that Ill never buy another asus product again cos they usually have nice Intel boards. So if your Asus is defective but that defective part has something to do with overclocking then your on your own.... This is my last Asus hardware and Im filing a report to the better business bureu for fasle advertising, also going to file a suit in small claims court....

I think I have a reason to contact them about my issues wouldnt you think?
Uhh, no. Especially if you sounded on the phone as demanding as you did when you wrote this tirade. Also, isn't the place for bitching and whining like this over in General Mayhem?

*shrugg*

I was never rude or demanding when I talked to them.... but my point was, there was something wrong with my mobo and I have the right to tech support... dont I?.... Dont know where you got the bitch and whine from cos I dont think Im doing that.... Is that how everyone sound in your sad life lol......

Well to be fair, they are correct. Most companies are not going to help you deal with issues concerning overclocking.

Youre really gonna file a small claim against them and one to the better buis bureau? lol

Where did you buy the board from?

Everyone knows ASUS' support is bad.

Why didnt you just RMA it like from Newegg or something? :confused:

That would have been much much more efficient and fast.

I will try again and rma it for different reasons.... I understand thier point about overclocking but its wrong of them to advertise something thats not there.... When it says vcore to 1.85v, I expect vcore to 1.85v, ofcourse I have to give them some leeway ( vdroop as one of them ) but not having 1.63v to 1.75v is a lil too much leeway lol.....

I am going to file a suit and Im prepared to spend $500 for a $200 product lol.... If they handled it the nice way, i woudnt make a big deal out of it, but treating me like shit is a different story.... Wonder how much it will cost them to fly a lawyer here lol.....

Small claims rocks. File suite for damages and time. Keep it under five grand and make sure you follow all of the procedures. Then when they don't show you can get a default judgement against them for the money. Say 2k. Then you can file a lean against something that the company owns... say a buisness location that they want to sell. Or some other hard assett. They go to sell it and then realize that the transaction is blocked because they didn't RMA your motherboard and now they have to cut you a check for 2k just to get the lean lifted.

Of coruse if they do fly a lawyer out for it. And you do not win judgement they can easily counter sue you for costs. Then you could be the one that is hosed.

Wheh, I was going to buy an asus motherboard since Ive heard very good words about them but after reading this maybe not... and glad I made the move and bought a intel d975xbx. Well anyways be sure to report back on how everything goes :D *file clam*

edit- I meant small claims :D

Tried updating the bios to the latest version? Could be a quick and easy fix for your problem

Just stay on the phone til you get what you want. They can't hang up on you. I actually got a new laptop out of Alienware by staying on the phone for 4 hrs. I kept on insisting on talking to someone that could actually help me when they kept saying there was nothing they could do for me.

lol

If I was that CSR you'd be the kind of customer I'd tell all my friends about, in the sense of "Man, wait until I tell you guys about this *bleep* I had on the phone today".

Well,I say if the mb is advertised a certain way...oc'n or not...if thats not an option in bios....you have a reason to ask for help(bitch...complain) call it what you will..thats like selling a car that rated @ 45 mph..and it only gets 20 under any conditions..i have an Asus..and ill agree..the support sux...lucky for me i havent needed any to this point

Not sure why people are busting this guys chops. The mobo is suppose to go to 1.85 and it doesn't.

"Hi is the Vcore option on the Commando supposed to go to 1.85v?"

Yes sir it is

"Well mine doesn't"

WTF does this have to do with Overclocking? It not like he was asking why can't he squeeze an exta 500mhz out of his CPU? I would get back on the phone (if you don't mind the frustration) and speak to someone who's not an asshole.

Lol... All of the sudden Im the bad guy in this story lol...... Its not like I broke the mobo from overclocking, I just want a mobo that works properly..... 1.63v to 1.75 is a big hole and those are very usable voltage for me..... How would you guys feel if your mobo is missing 1.43v-1.55v and you know your cpu's sweetspot is 1.5v?....

Doesnt matter really, Ill try to RMA again or just sell the mobo.... Im happy with my DFI anyways.... I understand thier policy towards overclocking, but if the board is defective, they should fix it regardless if the defective part is used for overclocking or not.....

Just stay on the phone til you get what you want. They can't hang up on you.
BS, I got hanged up 6 times trying to RMA a mobo for dead ram slots and never had it rma. I also got hanged up trying to talk to the manager. I don't like asus anymore, Their products are getting to be crap and their tech support sucks.

EDIT:

NEVER call at night there is some dude playing music in the backround and sounds like hes high on drugs. Worst part is that hes an idiot.

lol

If I was that CSR you'd be the kind of customer I'd tell all my friends about, in the sense of "Man, wait until I tell you guys about this *bleep* I had on the phone today".

No kidding... just, no kidding.

Lol... All of the sudden Im the bad guy in this story lol...... Its not like I broke the mobo from overclocking, I just want a mobo that works properly..... 1.63v to 1.75 is a big hole and those are very usable voltage for me..... How would you guys feel if your mobo is missing 1.43v-1.55v and you know your cpu's sweetspot is 1.5v?....

Doesnt matter really, Ill try to RMA again or just sell the mobo.... Im happy with my DFI anyways.... I understand thier policy towards overclocking, but if the board is defective, they should fix it regardless if the defective part is used for overclocking or not.....

You are. You're trying to do a vdroop mod on a board, then complain the mod doesn't allow access to a certain voltage range. Furthermore, you then act as though vdroop isn't something normal for motherboards, and that you should be given some magic golden sample that doesn't suffer from it. You're not only someone a CSR would consider a "rude ****-***", but you're 100% wrong in A) acting as though it should be a supported issue, B) acting as though it's something actually wrong, C) not knowing what you're really talking about, and D) being rude on the phone, even if you were only 1/10 as rude as in the posts you made about Asus in this thread.

You modded a board, overclocked it (obviously, why else would you care about the voltages there?), which is NOT covered by warranties, then ask for an RMA in a rude fashion while pretending the board has something wrong with it. To top it off, you're now saying you're going to try to lie to them to fraudulently get your board RMA'd? Sheesh, give me a break!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but:

Why do you need that many volts? I've seen most commandos need much less than that for overclocking a CPU.

I feel for you...

This is why I always suggest going with EVGA, or Gigabyte/MSI when on tight budget. The ONLY reason an ASUS RMA will go well is if the retailer straps on a pair and steps in... then the retailer has to do the long waiting.

I'm still waiting on a P5N32E Plus RMA that I sent back... oh, my, wait - 7 weeks ago?

Edit: @GoldenTiger

The fact that the ASUS warranty alone doesn't cover oc'ing shows how big a moron ASUS is.

You are. You're trying to do a vdroop mod on a board, then complain the mod doesn't allow access to a certain voltage range. Furthermore, you then act as though vdroop isn't something normal for motherboards, and that you should be given some magic golden sample that doesn't suffer from it. You're not only someone a CSR would consider a "rude ****-***", but you're 100% wrong in A) acting as though it should be a supported issue, B) acting as though it's something actually wrong, C) not knowing what you're really talking about, and D) being rude on the phone, even if you were only 1/10 as rude as in the posts you made about Asus in this thread.

You modded a board, overclocked it (obviously, why else would you care about the voltages there?), which is NOT covered by warranties, then ask for an RMA in a rude fashion while pretending the board has something wrong with it. To top it off, you're now saying you're going to try to lie to them to fraudulently get your board RMA'd? Sheesh, give me a break!

I reread my original post and maybe I should explain the situation better.....

Before the board was modded, it has a droop of .07v so if I set the vcore to 1.7v in the bios, Ill get 1.63v actual, that does not bother me...... What bothers me is the actual voltage stays at 1.63v if I set the vcore at and inbetween 1.7v and 1.75v .... Then when I set it at 1.7625v, the vdroop is suddenly gone and Ill get 1.7625v actual... That is what I meant when I said I cant access those voltages.....

Like I said, the vdroop doesnt really bother me cos usually all you need to do is set the vcore a lil higher to compensate for the droop.... But in this case, I cant do that, and it so happen that the missing vcores are the ones I really need.... so to answer your statement....

A) I know overclocking is not a supported issue, but if the board is defective, they should fix it regardless of its use....

B) If you think thiers nothing wrong with my board then youre a moron... or just an idiot...

C) I think I know what im talking about....

D) Its kinda like respect, I dont respect people that dont respect me.... I have never met 2 of the most rude CS in my life, and Im not calling them rude cos they rejected my RMA.... The guy cut me off twice in the middle of my sentence, though he said " can I help you with anything else" it really means " can you fuck off now".....

the option is clearly listed in the manual and the board should perform as advertised. i can't figure out why you need all that voltage, but that's my problem. :D

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but:

Why do you need that many volts? I've seen most commandos need much less than that for overclocking a CPU.

the option is clearly listed in the manual and the board should perform as advertised. i can't figure out why you need all that voltage, but that's my problem. :D

The one good thing that happen here is I bought a DFI 965-s to do what my Commando could never do.... it eats the commando and any Asus motherboard out there, at 2/3 the price..... This is why I need the voltages for:D

198790.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=198790

Yeah, but is that stable? A CPU-ID screenshot by itself doesn't impress me much.

Yeah, but is that stable? A CPU-ID screenshot by itself doesn't impress me much.

Its stable enough for what I want to do and that really all that matters...... Go to a Drag race and ask a mechanic if his 5sec 1/4 mile dragster is reliable enough to drive cross country.... Thats how stupid your question is lol.....

So what impress you? 3200mhz Orthos stable for 58 weeks....... if you have nothing good to say, get out of my thread n00b..... lol

. if you have nothing good to say, get out of my thread n00b..... lol

For that statement alone I declare you suck.

5000mhz stable for what you do? So what you do is boot, look at the login animation and that's it? His question wasn't stupid, why insult him? :confused:

At least we know it gets to the login screen rather quickly, right after that it explodes in a ball of smoke and brimstone. :D

Next thread; "Exploding Asus COMMANDO.. I'M SUING ASUS FOR PERSONAL INJURIES".

I usually dont insult people but look at all his post in this thread....

As for stability, everybody running in the 5gs range are only there to bench so stability is something we dont even think off.....

We all have our reasons why we overclock and for me its benching..... Overclock to me is a hobby and not a neccesity, even at stock speed I have no reason to overclock it 24/7 cos its fast enough..... So if I run it at 3800mhz 24/7, what am I gaining, nothing really...... maybe windows will be quicker by .000235s to open lol....

The one good thing that happen here is I bought a DFI 965-s to do what my Commando could never do.... it eats the commando and any Asus motherboard out there, at 2/3 the price..... This is why I need the voltages for:D

198790.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=198790

And pretty much every P5K can do that too, even the base model which is the same price as the DFI. I have very seldom heard of a problem with as Asus board that wasn't due to some bad OCing or couldn't be remedied with dealing with the retailer rather than Asus direct.

Also, if you really think all companies including Asus should support OCing in their warranties, you really need to get out in the real world. Almost no companies support extreme usage which would include OCing. Back when I worked at a Jeep dealership, this guy towed his 3 week old jeep in with a completely shattered front axle because he wrecked it off-roading at the local dunes and wanted us to fix it cause he was still under warranty. Sure he had the suspension and power necessary to do it but should we have fixed it cause he decided to go out and wreck it? Of course not.

if you have nothing good to say, get out of my thread n00b..... lol
This thread is pretty fucking useless anyway, not to mention the stupidest thread on [H] at the moment. Have fun playing with your e-penis.

This thread is pretty fucking useless anyway, not to mention the stupidest thread on [H] at the moment. Have fun playing with your e-penis.

Trust me, it's not the stupidest thread on [H] right now. Trust me.

But I sorta agree with the OP... If you buy a car that's rated to hit a top speed of 220kmph, and it only does 175, I'd have a bone to pick with the manufacturer too. Sure, very VERY few people would use the machine to it's full potential (just like very few would want to hit 1.65v +) but false-advertising is false-advertising. If nothing else, a simple apology by Asus (especially for their horrible tech support).

Id like everybody that thinks Im wrong to answer this......

If the next board you buy only gives you 1.35v no matter what voltage you set it in, will you be ok with it? .....Remember a stock C2D only needs 1.35v and everything higher is only used for overclocking.....

I will lol.... This thread is only stupid for stupid people....

But I sorta agree with the OP... If you buy a car that's rated to hit a top speed of 220kmph, and it only does 175, I'd have a bone to pick with the manufacturer too. Sure, very VERY few people would use the machine to it's full potential (just like very few would want to hit 1.65v +) but false-advertising is false-advertising. If nothing else, a simple apology by Asus (especially for their horrible tech support).
True, but I cannot agree with his attitude and the way he has dealt with this situation. People who instantly cry out for a lawyer to come save them get very little respect from me. However, I have not seen any other Commando owners complain about this and could it possibly be a type of CPU that is limiting this? I had a board awhile back that would frustrate the heck out of me because the vcore options were one range for a certain CPU and another range for a different CPU.

I honestly don't think we have all the details here. However, it could be lost amidst his writing style and constant use of "lol" at the end of every sentence.

and, BTW, the last time I checked, double-clicking on cpuz.exe does not constitute running a benchmark. If you have indeed benched this thing like you claim, why haven't you shared those kind of screenshots? Most people who hit 5K always want to wave their big e-penis around by posting screenshots.

and, BTW, the last time I checked, double-clicking on cpuz.exe does not constitute running a benchmark. If you have indeed benched this thing like you claim, why haven't you shared those kind of screenshots? Most people who hit 5K always want to wave their big e-penis around by posting screenshots.

This is not really the site for things like that so I never bothered.... I did post it at XS and couple other sites that appreciates such overclock, if I post it here, all Ill get is some n00b asking if its stable at that speed......:rolleyes:

I find people that overly use the word e-penis are either jelous or dont have a penis themself.....

Luihed, only a few in here have the capacity to comprehend the nature of your problem, I feel for you bro, it's like me talking to anyone with an I.Q. of under 100, no point in arguing.

To anyone else that find themselves on the other side of CSR and treated poorly, remember what you have said to Luihed, because one day you will, and someone else will try to knock you down...what goes around comes around.:cool:

Peace everyone.

Back