ASUS Crosshair VII Hero AM4 Motherboard Review @ [H]

Discussion in 'AMD Processors' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 7, 2018.

1. dook43

dook43 2[H]4U

I got mine Wednesday too.

1.34v for 4.1.... I can't get past 4.0 at 1.4v on mine. 4.1 doesn't even apply and test in Ryzen Master at 1.34V. I need 1.4V for Ryzen Master to apply and test 4.1, and 1.45V just to run Cinebench, but it overheats quickly and crashes on my H110.

This is on the CH6 though.

2. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

I would suggest that would be just fine, but we have not tested that board, so I can't say for sure. ASUS seemed to have gotten over all the AM4 hurdles though with with X470.

3. Derfman

Derfman [H]ard|Gawd

Thank you Kyle, I was assuming that may be the case and but I'm happy to hear that you think the same as well.

Even though it's for the Mrs. I'm still extremely excited to get a Ryzen build put together. :D

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  4. Algrim

Algrim [H]ard|Gawd

Always, always, always get your wife at least as good as or not better than your machine. Especially if you play games together and you frag her more than she frags you (oops, yeah, I did that).

Derfman and gigaxtreme1 like this.
  5. noko

noko 2[H]4U

Mine is also on the CH6, I should have been more clear, Bios set at 1.4v, 4.1ghz and when using Prim95 torture test blend, voltage goes down to 1.34v (voltage droop, do have load line calibration set at level 2). I now have memory at 3200mhz stable at 4.1ghz. Their are a few key memory settings for 32gb that can help in stability, in this case ProcODT from Auto which sets it at 53ohms now set to 60ohms. Also CADbus settings can help a lot. I will get into more memory OCing after I have fun with the CPU. Just will take me awhile due to work schedule and I just like to take my time ensuring it is indeed stable.

6. Derfman

Derfman [H]ard|Gawd

Hahaha! We do play games together, the PC she has now used to be mine but I switched exclusively to a gaming laptop until I have less need to travel and game.

I like to say, a couple that plays together stays together. :)

Brackle and Algrim like this.
  7. KingGlade

KingGlade n00bie

One of my favorite quotes. Too bad I haven't met anyone who is into the games that I am... :(

8. Crystoff

Crystoff n00bie

OK, I found the sentence: "However, if you ventilate your case well, it is hard to suggest that you overclock this processor by hand." But to be fair, you had raised the question itself clearly in a leading paragraph.

That's all good work by HardOCP, and I was mistaken to complain here about neglect of the issue. Though I still feel that this should be headline news. And it still isn't clearly stated that putting in a manual OC will disable PB2 and XFR; if that is true, it's important to know.

Partly I'm reacting to the many tech site articles about overclocking a 2700, instead of going with the 2700X. To do so seems crazy, except for some niche cases.

9. Nobu

Nobu [H]ard|Gawd

That's not how kyle does. Kyle puts up an article with a title (usually) describing what he is doing and with what hardware , then you read the article to determine the results. If you don't want to, then you skip to the last page, but you may miss some information if you do.

10. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

Thanks again for the reviews and deal you found for users of [H]. I was able to actually get 3400mhz on my memory at 14cl. But, I think ill stick with 3200mhz and fast timings. Totally impressed with this Ryzen setup.....It is so nice having 2 very fast M.2 slots as well.

I will have more testing, but this is what I have right now. I am going to see if I can reach 4.3ghz, but I really do not think I will, but I will take 4.2ghz!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 3:06 AM