Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370 AM4 memory compatibility

ochadd

[H]ard|Gawd
Preemptive thread I guess to see what works and what doesn't. Maybe someone currently testing it chimes in. Have one on preorder and the Asus validation list isn't up yet. Wanting to get some ordered ASAP so it's here when the board arrives next week.

Currently leaning towards this GSkill kit or this one.

apparently 4 sticks are dificult to get stable much over 2400 at this stage so for that you may need to wait for bios updates
i haven't seen 16g sticks tested in any mb validation for am4 yet
i have seen it reported that g.skill 3200 14-14-14 2x8g is working ok in a high end gigabyte mb

edit:
msi has released there memory compatibility test which shows 2666c16 2x16g working
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html#support-mem

Last edited:
Dram memory won't be tweaked by AMD for a short time as they prepare for launch. After which I would bet there will be many bios updates improving dram compatibility and performance. Thus I wouldn't by memory for what works now but that which you'd want to run ideally. Then run it slower or within the confines of the limitations now.

so would it be smart and wait it out for others to test what ram is compatible and stable at certain speeds then to jump the wagon and purchase now?

so would it be smart and wait it out for others to test what ram is compatible and stable at certain speeds then to jump the wagon and purchase now?

Others testing now would only pertain to the bios settings today, that is at release. In time AMD will shift focus to improving the dram state so I would expect it to improve by leaps when they do change focus. Therefor I would buy the memory I hope to run later, like faster memory run slower now then later run it faster.

I wonder if the 16CAS stuff would work, which is significantly cheaper:
it may work but it wont use the samsung b die memory chips which seem to be the best for amd not to mention having great overclock headroom with a little extra v
id say there is a fair chance the cheaper kit wont run 3200 till bios improve a bit you may be stuck closer to 2133

Last edited:
Back