ASUS Commando @ [H] Enthusiast

Yeah the BX2 sucks hard-

My 24/7 air cooled OC-

3.9 GHz, Highest I've been on 1.6v. Disregard the ram speed. I am on a 1333 strap here and a 667 freq which is 1:1. CPU-z reports it incorrectly.

It's the most stable trouble free motherboard I've owned. I'd highly recommend it for overclocking an E6600 and up. If you're getting an E6320 or E6420 definitely try the Commando or the P5B Deluxe Wifi.

BTW to the above poster this review says the P5B deluxe has good to very good sound, and average frequency response-

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=297&type=expert&pid=19

I am not sure about hard numbers for the Commando.

Thanks. I got a 6600 and G.Skill HZs already, just need a mobo and that's it. BX2 seems a bit pricy for me though...

I didn't expect much from the BX2, despite reading great things. It def surprised me as a queit, stable platform! Only reason it had to go was limited FSB, and that's really the chipset's fault. :(

Thanks. I got a 6600 and G.Skill HZs already, just need a mobo and that's it. BX2 seems a bit pricy for me though...
abit AB9 QuadGT will love that RAM (& run very nicely 4:5 if you want) although with an E6600 you don't really need a mobo with a v. high fsb (500+) capability

How did you get the sata dvd drive to work while having a RAID setup on the ICH8R of the Asus Commando ?

Thats something i have been thinking about a long time, because sata connections on the P5W DH Deluxe, which i have now, pretty much dont allow a RAID while connecting optical -sata-drives because they wont work on the EZ raid and the jmicron is completely misplaced between my 8800gtx and the big cooler of my core2duo.
(don't tell my i can build a raid with EZ raid and put the optical sata drives on the ICH7R, because EZ raid sucks from what i have tested with it)

So would a Raid(2-4 sata hard-drives) on ICH8R + 2 or more optical sata drives work on the ASUS Commando ?
If no, P5W DH Deluxe offers same, if not better, performance.

Can some commando owner answer my question about the RAID + Sata opticals all on the ICH8R ? (2 posts up)
Like; if it is possible to use a Raid + normal ide-sata for optical sata drives.
Because the P5W DH deluxe it is either Raid or normal IDE, and no mix. Which leaves me without raid because i dont want to spent another fortune on a pci-raid-controller, and do like my sata dvd drives.

hi there, i'm wondering for those of you overclocking with this motherboard...

i wanted to see how far i could go without modifying my vcore. so all i did was change the the CPU fsb in the bios (i know my ram can take it because its ddr2-800). so i changed the CPU fsb to 334.

when i booted up, speedfan and the pc probe tool both reported my cpu vcore to be 1.42v!

how did this happen? i left the vcore setting auto. i'm thinking there is some proprietary asus setting in the motherboard that changes the vcore when you're overclocking? anyone know what it is? i wanted to leave it auto so i could use speedstep still...

is there anyway to use speedstep while overclocking still with this motherboard?

Anyone know how to disable the Press any key to continue.... prompt at the CD detection stage when booting up?

Anyone know how to disable the Press any key to continue.... prompt at the CD detection stage when booting up?

Yes. You change your boot device settings to go to something other than the CD/DVD drive. Or you could just take the bootable CD out of the drive. :D

i got a question about this board??

do the commando will take my 4 x 1gb of crucial ballitix tracer pc2 6400 at 4-4-4-12??:confused: :confused:

i got a question about this board??

do the commando will take my 4 x 1gb of crucial ballitix tracer pc2 6400 at 4-4-4-12??:confused: :confused:

No idea. I've only recently started checking to see if boards will handle 4x1GB configurations but even if they did for me, I typically only use Corsair Dominator PC2-10000 modules and OCZ Flex XLC PC2-9200 modules.

Back